Talk

Advanced search

To be kept waiting

(41 Posts)
DefinitelyOdd Sat 19-Nov-16 11:38:22

I arranged to meet a friend at ten. I have been at the arranged meeting place for an hour and thirty five minutes. I have had no response to my texts. Aibu in just leaving and ignoring any texts for the rest of the day?

(For what its worth i have just finished a very stressful night shift, haven't had any sleep and gave up today to help this friend write her CV. I am not normally this passive aggressive.)

pictish Sat 19-Nov-16 11:39:43

Of course yanbu. What you still doing there? Go home!

GeillisTheWitch Sat 19-Nov-16 11:40:25

I'd leave and go home to bed. And I hope your friend has a really good reason, I.e. genuine emergency as to why she's ignoring you.

Katy07 Sat 19-Nov-16 11:40:51

Text that you're leaving having had no response and just go home.

ILoveEwe Sat 19-Nov-16 11:41:57

Leave.

Go and get clean and cosy in bed

treaclesoda Sat 19-Nov-16 11:42:08

Just leave. I wouldn't even have waited half an hour, you're being very generous for having waited so long.

SquatBetty Sat 19-Nov-16 11:43:26

You're far too kind staying for that length of time, I'd have stayed 30 mins max then left after texting friend why - definitely go home and get some sleep

DamsonInDistress Sat 19-Nov-16 11:43:27

Screw that, I'd have left after 30 mins!

treaclesoda Sat 19-Nov-16 11:43:36

And it's not passive aggressive at all to go home.

It's assertive, which is fine.

I wouldn't necessarily ignore any texts but I would simply reply saying that she didn't turn up and you couldn't wait any longer. I wouldn't offer to reschedule either.

WorraLiberty Sat 19-Nov-16 11:43:46

Why text and not a phone call?

iamamickey Sat 19-Nov-16 11:44:00

Is this person normally so disrespectful and unreliable? If not could there be something wrong?

Boogers Sat 19-Nov-16 11:44:12

Is she usually late? Could she be stuck in traffic and unable to text you back as she's driving?

PurpleDaisies Sat 19-Nov-16 11:44:32

I'd send a message saying you really hope nothing dreadful has happened to her and you're going home. It's pretty unlikely but you never know. Tell her off properly if she's got a crap excuse.

FeralBeryl Sat 19-Nov-16 11:45:54

No, it's shit, go home!
Could she have massively overslept? Why haven't you rung rather than texted? If I was stupid enough to have done this, a text wouldn't have woken me blush

fabulousathome Sat 19-Nov-16 11:50:23

Or she could have a problem with her phone and not know your number?

You were going to be doing her a favour so she needs to apologise loads, if and when she gets in touch.

Accidents do happen though, so maybe have a kind attitude and hope that she is OK.

Is this the sort of thing that she usually does? If it is completely out of character I'd be quite worried!

NightWanderer Sat 19-Nov-16 11:51:14

I'd have left after 30mins too. Go home and get some sleep. I'd just send a hope you are ok text before switching my phone off. Is she usually flakey?

DefinitelyOdd Sat 19-Nov-16 12:00:34

She has form for being late but normally texts. I have rung her before and it just goes to voicemail as she doesnt like answering her phone.

Well, sod it all for a game if soldiers. I am going home to have tea and sleep.

RachelRagged Sat 19-Nov-16 12:12:28

That is so rude .

Go home and get some sleep OP .

elodie2000 Sat 19-Nov-16 12:16:07

As others gave said, leave a message saying you waited until 11.30 & hope that nothing awful has happened. If she has just forgotten, give her hell.

ohtheholidays Sat 19-Nov-16 13:15:17

You shouldn't have waited so long OP you've been to kind.

Go home,have some tea get warm and have a nice sleep.

witsender Sat 19-Nov-16 13:16:18

After half an hour and no contact I'd have been off.

ScarletForYa Sat 19-Nov-16 13:18:48

You must be mad waiting there for ninety minutes!

I'd have gone after twenty. And also if someone flakes on me once I never make an arrangement with them ever again!

I don't wait for people!

WickedBadZoot Sat 19-Nov-16 13:22:43

Am I being unreasonable to be kept waiting doesn't make sense.
Is your friend being unreasonable to keep you waiting? Yes.
Are you being unreasonable to go home and sleep since you have been waiting for a long time, and worked a night shift? No, you should do just that.

VimFuego101 Sat 19-Nov-16 13:31:54

I would have waited 30 mins max.

Whocansay Sat 19-Nov-16 13:33:33

She is incredibly rude and thoughtless. I hope you are now sleeping and know never to go out of your way for this person again. Let her sort out her own CV.

I would have left after 30 minutes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now