Talk

Advanced search

To ask which person has made your life a little better and why?

(70 Posts)
MumQuack Fri 18-Nov-16 20:00:19

Which person in your life has made a difference to your life, in a small or big way? One person who has made things better for you either recently or in your past.....

AnyFucker Fri 18-Nov-16 20:01:34

My husband. I know it's a cliché, but it is true. Every single day.

imonaplane Fri 18-Nov-16 20:05:15

I agree with Any . My husband has been with me through thick and thin and has supported me through some very difficult times over the last 30 years.

Lalunya85 Fri 18-Nov-16 20:05:17

My cleaner. She's smart and really good at what she does and lovely. It's like I don't even need to tell her what I'd like her to do, she takes initiative and does everything just the way I like it.

Having her around every week means I have more head space and can enjoy spending time with my kids, my husband and my friends.

AnyFucker Fri 18-Nov-16 20:06:32

Another big cliché. ..

Me

I make my own life better. I protect my own boundaries. I look out for others.

LordPeterWimsey Fri 18-Nov-16 20:07:50

My boss from 12 years ago. Made me look at the world quite differently. We're still in touch now, though I've moved jobs twice since.

CherryChasingDotMuncher Fri 18-Nov-16 20:08:30

My daughter. She's only 3 but so amazing and it knocks my socks off how much I love her. It was a slow start I'll admit and there Have been times where I wondered if I was cut out to be a mum, but she's a total virtue and I really feel very lucky. I wish I could pause this age TBH, I'm very aware that my sweet little blonde haired cherub who wants cuddles and kisses all day long will one day be a grumpy teen who will look right through me as if I'm invisible 😭

GettingitwrongHauntingatnight Fri 18-Nov-16 20:08:34

My Dh, my dcs especially dc1 as put us on right path. My cleaner, loves her💜

usual Fri 18-Nov-16 20:08:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MumQuack Fri 18-Nov-16 20:09:00

Lord how did he make you look at the world differently, if you don't mind sharing?

MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 18-Nov-16 20:11:16

A couple of posters on an Eating Disorder thread on MN. They have lead & supported me as I started my recovery. They changed my life for the better. I am so very grateful.

Waves at fighting & maggie if they see this. flowers

handslikecowstits Fri 18-Nov-16 20:12:11

My therapist. He has been a godsend.

AnyFucker Fri 18-Nov-16 20:13:26

There was a poster on here a couple of years ago called dittany

She improved my life, for sure

NavyandWhite Fri 18-Nov-16 20:14:17

DH. Best best friend ever. Always puts me and the DC first, looks after me, makes me laugh. Trustworthy and reliable.

MumQuack Fri 18-Nov-16 20:14:27

Lord just realised I said 'he'!!! I meant s/he

gluteustothemaximus Fri 18-Nov-16 20:14:31

DH, definitely smile

Made me realise (just by treating me so well) how very badly I was treated before and how I was still being treated badly by toxic family members.

I am much more confident now, not because I rely on him for this, but because he showed me I am more than capable of everything. He built me back up again from terrible self esteem.

Thank you DH 💜

MissVictoria Fri 18-Nov-16 20:14:36

My ex. The only reason we aren't together anymore is because he began to suffer massively with depression and anxiety, which i understand because i have both too. And it was my own battle through my worst year he saved my life every single day, because my absolute love of him made me adamant i wouldn't give up because i'd be damned if i didn't experience happiness in my life and gave up on what could have been the future i had always dreamed of.
It's been a year and a half since we split, I'm hoping we still have a future one day.

Cherrysoup Fri 18-Nov-16 20:15:35

A colleague who left the country last year. I came across some of her work today (she left me everything she'd ever created) . It fitted seamlessly into what I was doing and made me cry when I thought of her. She left me so much, did so much, was my right hand girl and I miss her to the point of physical pain. I doubt I'll ever find anyone like her again.

I messaged her to tell her how fabulous she is earlier.

YouWereAlwaysPerfect Fri 18-Nov-16 20:17:16

I would have to say DP the father to my two children. He came into to my life when I was at low (something happened) and he instantly made the problem go away.

MissWillaCather Fri 18-Nov-16 20:19:54

My son, because he gets me, I get him, and it warms my heart when I think of him. He makes me feel I've done something really good, and I can't be too sad while I have him.

babajuice Fri 18-Nov-16 20:30:06

My DD. Before her, I didn't know how deeply I could love, or how strong I was.

ladyjadey Fri 18-Nov-16 20:33:29

My best friend jo. She text me out of the blue earlier this year and told me she had bought me a ticket to a gig she knew I would love, so thoughtful and lovely and really made my day. I don't think I deserve it but the fact she does means the world

frikadela01 Fri 18-Nov-16 20:34:17

Dp. He helped me to open up and realise that all men aren't my dad and destined to fuck up my life. He also made me give in on my never having children thing and we now have a gorgeous baby boy.

Yep I'm cringing too.grin

eatsleephockeyrepeat Fri 18-Nov-16 20:35:43

Two men who decided to hire me for a highly technical job for which I had no qualifications beyond reasonable intelligence and a burning desire to "change my life". Thanks guys. Professionally speaking I think your decision was ludicrously risky, and every day I realise how, by rights, it should have been a terrible mistake (seriously guys, don't EVER hire someone so unproven for a job this bloody complex!) but THANK YOU. Sincerely. You really did help me change my life.

SpeckledyBanana Fri 18-Nov-16 20:37:17

DH. I am lucky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now