Talk

Advanced search

Poo in bath

(53 Posts)
babajuice Fri 18-Nov-16 19:03:48

DD is 2. DH was bathing her and she did a poo in the bath. I told him that last time it happened, I fished out the poo, drained the bath, and gave her a shower instead. I then disinfected the bath and the bath toys.

I went into the bathroom a few minutes later. He had fished out the poo but was bathing her in the same water. He didn't see an issue with it as "the poo was solid". I was disgusted, and ended up draining the bath and showering DD.

He can't see what my problem is. I can't believe he doesn't see an issue with bathing her in poo water. It's totally gross, right? Or AIBU?

pipsqueak25 Fri 18-Nov-16 19:06:13

bit gross imo, but at least if it's solid....

statetrooperstacey Fri 18-Nov-16 19:11:34

I see nothing wrong with this, done it many times! As long as it was indeed solid with no floating "bits" all will be fine. I mean her actual bum hole will have been washed in the same water?

Softkitty2 Fri 18-Nov-16 19:13:16

Lol this made me lol.. grin

statetrooperstacey Fri 18-Nov-16 19:14:04

It's not really poo water is it tho, its a fairly large amount of water probably with soap/ bubbles in? That has briefly had a small poo in it.
Wouldn't fall out with him over it.

FadedRed Fri 18-Nov-16 19:14:15

One small child's solid stool in a bathtub of chlorinated water would have a minimum impact on 'germs'.

Houseofplumroots Fri 18-Nov-16 19:15:12

Er don't really see the issue

I certainly wouldn't have disinfected all the bath toys confused ....not when DS likes to lick the pram wheels anyway.

MatchyMatcha Fri 18-Nov-16 19:17:47

Would he want to bathe in it ? If not YANBU. I probably would do what you did tbh.

KayTee87 Fri 18-Nov-16 19:19:03

I'm with you on this one op but I've recently started washing my hands after touching pretty much anything confused so poo water would really set me off. As others have said it probably would be fine.

babajuice Fri 18-Nov-16 19:22:04

Hmm...okay, I think I may need to loosen up a bit.
I guess I can see why it being solid was relevant, although there still could have been little bits floating about.

But yes, I will apologise for freaking out. I still think it's gross though, but I guess children do get up to all kinds of gross stuff.
Also, Matchy I reckon he probably would bathe in poo water...

AllTheBabies Fri 18-Nov-16 19:22:24

I'm with your dh. Life is too short to be disinfecting bath toys.

Northernlurker Fri 18-Nov-16 19:25:08

It's her poo after all. Literally nothing there that doesn't know her inside and out wink
You overreacted but it's Friday night. We all do.
I'm in the bath ATM and I'm so knackered if I did a poo myself I might just have to scoop it out and carry on.
(Please note, I do not intend to poo in the bath)

IrnBrufan Fri 18-Nov-16 19:26:08

When my daughter has pooped in the bath, I've got her straight out and disinfected everything so I have to agree with you!

Cuttingthecheese Fri 18-Nov-16 19:33:20

Nah, YAB a bit U if you ask me. I mean I get where your coming from but it's not really a big deal I don't think, definitely not worth falling out over.

babajuice Fri 18-Nov-16 19:39:22

Northern that made me chuckle.

I think from here on out, DH and I will just agree to deal with bath poo in our own ways. But yes, perhaps I can ease up on the disinfecting of bath toys!

Heatherbell1978 Fri 18-Nov-16 19:40:21

DS1 did a poo in the bath the other day. I got him out, got the poo out and emptied the bath. It was solid so bath didn't need cleaned. I didn't even consider disinfecting bath toys...shock

Squeegle Fri 18-Nov-16 19:40:46

Not the end of the world. They will all survive

Serialweightwatcher Fri 18-Nov-16 19:43:54

I think it's okay as long as she doesn't swallow the water shock ... just spray the bath and the toys with dettox or similar when she gets out - you don't have to wash them off

GrabtharsHammer Fri 18-Nov-16 19:45:41

Meh. It's a bit of poo. You probably get just as much in the bath from sitting in it anyway, think of all the particles from up your bum.

Geordiegirl79 Fri 18-Nov-16 19:52:17

We had a horrific incident about a year ago - DD(5) and DS(2) were in the bath together, DD splashing merrily around, splashing water all around her face etc. Suddenly noticed the water was a rather odd colour, DS sitting there looking rather suspicious. shock To this day, DD doesn't know what happened, I scooped her out so fast, showered them both and tried not to gag at the thought of what had just happened. Poo particles everywhere. A bit different from the situation you describe, admittedly, but I've had a fear of the poo in the bath scenario ever since!

KayTee87 Fri 18-Nov-16 19:59:32

Meh. It's a bit of poo. You probably get just as much in the bath from sitting in it anyway, think of all the particles from up your bum.

I used to enjoy a bath as well sad

SaltyBitch Fri 18-Nov-16 20:00:39

You really overacted for a solid!

littleshirleybeans Fri 18-Nov-16 20:05:07

I make sure my behind is very clean before I have a bath grin

MissVictoria Fri 18-Nov-16 20:08:41

I'd be bleaching everything and definitely re washing the kid.
I will only shower, i can't stand baths. Everything you wash off you stays in the water with you, it's like making a human dirt soup! I honestly don't understand how anyone can feel clean after a bath.

BaldricksTrousers Fri 18-Nov-16 20:11:21

Yanbu, that is rank. But it's not worth going on to your DH about. I'm more germophobic than my DH, and I find myself having to turn a blind eye occasionally! Otherwise I'd be on his case constantly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now