Talk

Advanced search

To wonder why as adults we read between the lines in text messages and wind ourselves up?

(3 Posts)
JakeBallardswife Thu 17-Nov-16 20:00:45

I texted a friend to see if she wanted to meet up this weekend. Almost immediately she texted back and said, sounds good but not sure what she's up to yet as things are manic at work etc.

So now a day later, I've taken that to mean she doesn't want to be friends and she's trying to distance herself from me. I've no other reason to suspect this other than my silly hormonal thoughts.

Why do we do this to ourselves? When really she is just busy and if you want to avoid someone then you just don't email back!

supersop60 Thu 17-Nov-16 20:36:06

She's busy, but she didn't want to be rude to you, her FRIEND, so she texted back.
You sound just like a friend of mine, who challenged me the other day about not responding to a text. Quote: "I thought I'd done something wrong!"
In actual fact she had asked a rhetorical question, and yes, I was too busy to reply immediately.

cattychatty Thu 17-Nov-16 20:53:38

I do this I'm right now stressing because I haven't heard from the man I'm casually dating for 27 hours (obviously this means he's changed his mind about me and doesn't want to see me anymore) nothing to do with the fact that I know his work is crazy and he wants to get done to have a weekend off when he will see me confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now