Talk

Advanced search

To think that some clothes reviewers are deluded?

(5 Posts)
bumblebee50 Thu 17-Nov-16 18:35:03

I have been looking online for something to wear over the festive season. Now don't get me wrong, I always check the reviews before i buy something. However, it amazes me that one person can say an item is small made so buy a size up and someone else can say the item is big made so buy a size smaller. Do you think people just kid themselves on about their size?

Smartleatherbag Thu 17-Nov-16 18:36:53

Yup, people do kid themselves

iklboo Thu 17-Nov-16 18:39:55

I think so. One reviewer recommended buying a dress one or two sizes up. When it arrived it looked like I was wearing a tent.

RebelRogue Thu 17-Nov-16 18:40:19

Most of the times yes. But different shops will have a different "definition" of size. There was one blogger that tried jeans,same size in different shops and in some of them she couldn't even get them past her thighs. Some people will be the same size,but have a completely body shape as well,and be wider/bigger at different points of their body, so what's tight on one, won't be on someone else.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Thu 17-Nov-16 19:18:28

YANBU. I normally go with the majority of reviews and buy accordingly. If I'm reviewing I normally state my size and how it fit so others have some awareness.

I love posting reviews grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now