Talk

Advanced search

Or am I just being a grump of a neighbour

(10 Posts)
MadJeffBarn Wed 16-Nov-16 10:13:02

I know there's not a lot I can do about it really but I just need a bit of a vent.
My neighbour has lived next to us for about 7 months, and consistently she's played music pretty much all day a few days a week. Our walls aren't thin but from 9am-3am (her kids in school, it used to be 9am-6pm) she plays horrible loud bassy music. I'm glad she's not like our last neighbour who played music until late and partied every weekend but it's still irritating when you hear 'boom boom boom' all day. She knows my son has a nap during the day, and he's a nightmare if he doesn't sleep, but it still doesn't stop her. Wibu to ask her again to keep it down or should I just put up with it as it's during the day?

Smartleatherbag Wed 16-Nov-16 10:15:04

That would annoy me too. I think it'd be fair to ask her to reduce the volume.

ArmySal Wed 16-Nov-16 10:16:29

I don't think you're being a grump, it's awful to have to constantly listen to someone else's shit taste in music.

I'd try to talk to her about your son having a nap, and the length of time she has the music on.

RB68 Wed 16-Nov-16 10:47:08

I would ask her to turn the bass down a bit and make sure speakers not hung on shared walls or near shared walls as that is usually the cause here

Its not unreasonable to ask - its also not unreasonable to report it if she doesn't do something about it and take it further as for that length of time it is unreasonable

witch000 Wed 16-Nov-16 20:23:19

Suggest headphones.

NavyandWhite Wed 16-Nov-16 20:24:22

I'd hate that OP. Could you talk to her?

sparklefarts Wed 16-Nov-16 20:36:52

Oops I've just posted a very similar thread without noticing this one first!

OP I feel your pain! I'm in the same boat, not anti social hours but so annoying!

thestarryeyedsurprise Wed 16-Nov-16 20:42:46

I'm about to move into a Victorian terrace with a neighbour either side and I worry about this. I currently live in a semi detached with extremely thick walls and hear nothing from my neighbours. So I worry it will be different when I move. Not at all unreasonable to ask. Sounds silly but can you record it on your phone so you can show her exactly what you have to hear from your side? Some people don't realise how loud they actually are.

Trifleorbust Wed 16-Nov-16 20:46:09

I would hate that and would complain to the council.

BackforGood Wed 16-Nov-16 20:53:17

YANBU. I suspect she doesnt realise how much it carries through. I'd let her know and ask her to turn it down, or turn the base down, or possibly not have it on so loud throughout the day. Perfectly reasonable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now