Talk

Advanced search

Is there a future

(2 Posts)
fmpc Sun 13-Nov-16 21:38:17

Just wondering Aibu
Would have said that my relationship with my dh has been quite distant over the last few years so wondering if I'm expecting too much
Have had a few tests recently and doctors are seriously worried about me and am going thru various tests for cancer
Anyway get the impression off dh that he thinks it all a minimal risk and that I'm worrying about nothing and when I've confronted him about this, he's ignored/dismissed it
So asked him this evening what tests I'm due to get this week (ct, ultrasound, biopsy ) and he couldn't answer (has been told), so Aibu to think he really doesn't care ?

TheoriginalLEM Sun 13-Nov-16 21:45:39

i think he has his head firmly in the sand and is minimalising as a way to cope rather than being uncaring. My dp does not cope well if i am unwell and struggles to sympathise (there is some backstory die to my anxiety) but he does care. I also tend to go cold if there are health issues with a loved one. Its a defence mechanism.

I hope that you receive reassurance this week flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now