Talk

Advanced search

Why are kids games so disgusting now?

(50 Posts)
zofranks Sun 13-Nov-16 18:07:22

Surely every child isnt obsessed with poo or snot! Sat watching the disney channel today and an advert comes on for a game called 'Pooey Head' you get to strap a poo to your head if you get it wrong, bloody hell WHO buys this rubbish...between that and doggie do do and gooey louie the snot monster...if anyone buys one of these for my dd its going straight back homw with them. Whats wrong with monopoly and ludo and the rest of the traditional games. Am i just old fashioned now?confused

Soubriquet Sun 13-Nov-16 18:10:28

Gooey looey has been out years!!! Even when I was a kid so yabu for that

Doggy doodoo...fun I suppose and teaches good pet responsibility grin

Poo head though.. (Wtf?!) yanbu

Soubriquet Sun 13-Nov-16 18:11:03

Oh and you would be very unreasonable to send the gift back.

It is your Dd's present. Not yours

Rinoachicken Sun 13-Nov-16 18:11:28

Lol YANBU!! I have thought the same thing everytime the ads come on, generally along the lines of 'couldn't they think of anything else?/is that the best they could come up with?!'

Coulddowithanap Sun 13-Nov-16 18:12:44

It's horrible isn't it. I much prefer a decent normal game, we like ludo and cluedo. I also refuse to get these gross games for the kids.

ThymeLord Sun 13-Nov-16 18:14:49

Oh give over, kids have always liked 'gross' stuff!

FameNameGameLame Sun 13-Nov-16 18:15:40

Lol they are ridiybit my kids love the look of them!!

usual Sun 13-Nov-16 18:15:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FameNameGameLame Sun 13-Nov-16 18:15:52

Ridiculous but

hmm

Piscivorus Sun 13-Nov-16 18:18:40

I think it is all part of how our approach to children has changed over the years.
When I was a child the world revolved around adults. Toys were usually caring/cuddly like dolls and soft toys or educational/challenging like games and all of them were designed by adults to educate and improve us.
Now the world often revolves around children and toys are designed with more of what will they like, think funny, etc in mind

HelenaWay Sun 13-Nov-16 18:21:24

I love those games.

SnipSnipMrBurgess Sun 13-Nov-16 18:23:29

I refuse to get those gross science or gross magic games for my kids. "Oh look kids, let's be real scientists and make a fake shot to scare your gran!"

No fucking thanks.

SnipSnipMrBurgess Sun 13-Nov-16 18:24:10

Shit not shot

zofranks Sun 13-Nov-16 18:25:26

Its me then. I just fail to see the fun part and they wouldnt be played in our house i am afraid. Even play doh now lets you 'choose the colour of poo'

usual Sun 13-Nov-16 18:26:45

usual Sun 13-Nov-16 18:28:02

harderandharder2breathe Sun 13-Nov-16 18:28:13

Yabu

All my brownies favourite songs are gross, it's part of being a kid

And if you think your previous ones don't like that stuff I bet you anything they're the ones who love it the most whenever you're not around

Soubriquet Sun 13-Nov-16 18:29:08

Well I think you're being a tad OTT OP

Poo is completely natural. No need to be embarassed and disgusted by fake poo games and play doh

percythepenguin Sun 13-Nov-16 18:30:58

I was disgusted when Dsis bought DS Doggy Doo but it was actually funny for a while, until it developed chronic constipation and had to be repeatedly disimpacted with a skewer, its hidden on top of a wardrobe now!

TroysMammy Sun 13-Nov-16 18:31:24

One of the worst games is the cow one where you have to pull its udders. You then either get a carton of milk or a turd.

Tomorrow I've got to buy green jelly for my niece as she wants me to make jelly worms and they have to be green so they look like snots. Everything is poo and snot these days.

JosephineMaynard Sun 13-Nov-16 18:40:45

Our poo coloured play doh came in a play doh building construction set.
It's poo colour is an unfortunate side effect of poo sometimes being the same colour as mud, sand, tarmac etc

LaBrujita Sun 13-Nov-16 18:45:33

Yeah, we just ignore this stuff. My son is horrified by these kinds of commercials. He is NOT the sort of kid that finds poo amusing.

MiscellaneousAssortment Sun 13-Nov-16 18:48:54

My son loved the cow game! Although I felt it taught children completely the wrong biology... If it's going to be disgusting, it should be accurate and disgusting smile

Poo and milk do NOT come out of the same hole!

DS will be disappointed to find no Gooie Louie for Christmas though.

PinkiePiesCupcakes Sun 13-Nov-16 18:52:34

Kids love gross stuff.

Garbage pale kids were a thing when I were a lad.
Fairly sure there were gross stuff before that too, worm eating, mud pies, pooping in the bath tub and sitting there in it. Etc.

Bluntness100 Sun 13-Nov-16 18:53:53

I think it's just harmless fun. Sure if that's all they played, maybe not, But as a mixture of different games I don't see the harm.

Adult games are now the same in terms of humour, cards against humanity is really funny but very close to the bone for example.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now