Talk

Advanced search

To gross mumsnet out with another Coil question?

(6 Posts)
eggsnmarmite Sun 13-Nov-16 17:52:07

Emergency copper cool has been in for a week tomorrow. Cramps stopped. Bleeding stopped. Now have yellow discharge (not smelly). Is day 25 of my cycle. Worried about infection. Is that normal coil-users? Do you think it will have done 'it's job' by 25 should I want/need to get it removed?

ThinkOfTheMice Sun 13-Nov-16 17:54:38

If you have any worries at all you need to get it checked by whomever put it in.
They can alter discharge but it's impossible to say if there's an issue without seeing/testing/scanning.

eggsnmarmite Sun 13-Nov-16 18:07:46

Think I'm going to go. Would be great to know of its potentially normal though. sad

ThinkOfTheMice Sun 13-Nov-16 20:25:36

The coil can affect discharge- the most common thing is a slight change in smell. The problem is it could be normal or it could be infection and do not want to leave an infection with a coil in because it can get nasty. Yellow doesn't sound great.
Go get it checked. Not worth leaving it

kerryob Sun 13-Nov-16 20:38:55

Get it checked, if you dont have a temperature and it doesnt smell you should be ok so don't stress yourself. Always worth getting it checked so do go back and have it looked at.

Its a good form of contraception, no tablet to remember etc. If you used it as emergency contraception I'm guessing you're not trying for a family so you might as well leave it in place. Can be there for up to 10 years and removed quickly if you to try.

Rainydayspending Sun 13-Nov-16 20:45:08

Get it checked. Yellow does sound outside the ordinary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now