Talk

Advanced search

TMI about CM and no periods whatsoever from a full time working mother

(14 Posts)
pen2bk Sat 12-Nov-16 21:13:07

Hi Mumsnetters,
Hope someone can comment or help me. My DS is just over 3 years old. I have been very stressed at work lately and I haven't had a period for 11 weeks now! It is unusual but I thought stress may cause it.

I was very dry (no cm) for most of that time, 3 weeks ago cm came back, a couple of days later cramping on my left ovary on and off all day. It felt like ovulation pain and DH and I had sex that day. This was 3 weeks and 2 days ago. No period yet but loads of cm everyday. My underwear gets pretty wet everyday and I have to use thick daily pantyliners. Not sure what is going on.

Can I be pregnant? I tested 3 times in the past 10 days with very clear negatives. This discharge situation bugs me though. Also, I cannot understand why I am not having my period. Can negative tests be wrong? I have no other symptoms apart from being on a diet but not managing to lose weight.

Any comments will be appreciated.

pen2bk Sun 13-Nov-16 07:48:35

Bump. No response. That probably confirms that I have gone mad.

gingerh4ir Sun 13-Nov-16 07:52:03

if you haven't had a period for so long I would see the GP about it.

Shakey15000 Sun 13-Nov-16 07:54:41

Sorry, what's cm?

Jugglingallthebollocks Sun 13-Nov-16 07:59:24

Shakey- cervical mucous but I read the whole thing as 'child minder'.

SpeakNoWords Sun 13-Nov-16 07:59:37

Cervical mucus = cm

I think I'd go to the doctors just to check there's nothing else going on.

franincisco Sun 13-Nov-16 07:59:46

CM=cervical mucus.

It sounds like you may have a hormone issue OP. I would go to the GP for some blood checks.

SoftSheen Sun 13-Nov-16 08:01:41

I would give it another week, and if you don't have either your period or a positive pregnancy test by then, see your GP.

Shakey15000 Sun 13-Nov-16 08:01:55

Thanks. Agree GP visit

PetalMettle Sun 13-Nov-16 08:02:21

Cm = cervical mucus. I had very heavy discharge when I was first pregnant.
I also had a negative test when I was 16dpo although it wasn't taken in most controlled circu'stances. I would see the doctor in any case, as 3 months is a long time to go without periods so they could maybe run some tests.
I don't know enough about menopause but could it be that?

HyacinthFuckit Sun 13-Nov-16 08:03:33

Presumably cervical mucus.

Yes, negative tests can be wrong. Sometimes until surprisingly late in the pregnancy. There are women who have never had a positive test during their pregnancy. By the sound of things, you would only be about 5 weeks pregnant, so still quite early on. It's possible for a test not to show as positive by then, particularly as you have to remember that the egg didn't necessarily fertilise straight after you had sex. It can take a few days.

Either way there appears to be something going on that's not usual for you, so I'd see the GP. I don't believe they could tell from examining you yet, but perhaps a blood test?

BalloonSlayer Sun 13-Nov-16 08:29:16

I'd see GP too, although they will probably just give you yet another test.

I remember lots of CM when I got pregnant as well. However stress can stop your periods . . .

Mummyoflittledragon Sun 13-Nov-16 08:33:58

I would go and get checked out. There are many reasons and it could just be stress or even early menopause. With pain I'd definitely want to get it checked out to rule out cancer and ectopic pregnancy.

pen2bk Sun 13-Nov-16 10:46:09

Thanks everybody. Your comments really help and much appreciated. Yes, cm is cervical mucus. I read somewhere that you need to wait for 3 months without periods before seeing a GP, that is why I hadn't rushed to see anyone. I will make an appointment next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now