Not terribly important, but settle a discussion-AIBU to be a Neal's Yard 'consultant' even though I don't sell it?

(8 Posts)
Oscha Sat 12-Nov-16 12:24:05

I signed up to be a NYO consultant earlier this year because you get a 25% discount on everything. Nothing in the contract says that you have to sell or do parties. I haven't done any and don't intend to, but I do enjoy getting my own personal discount and was quite pleased with myself about it! I did also check with the lady who I signed up through and she said there are no rules against doing this.

BUT recently I've had two friends tell me it's immoral because I'm getting the benefit of the discount without doing the work for the company. I really don't think so-the company are, after all, still making a (presumably enormous) profit from my orders. So am I doing wrong? I feel a bit queasy about it now.

firawla Sat 12-Nov-16 12:29:59

If it wasn't okay, the company wouldn't let you do it - I know some of the other selling companies like young living do allow customers to sign up to do the same, even if they don't sell and recruit others. Presumably they still feel like by joining up
In that way it's going to build brand loyalty and guarantee more repeat custom from you??

Oscha Sat 12-Nov-16 12:34:00

Yes that's what I think-they make money off me, which is pretty guaranteed as I always used to buy their stuff anyway and can't see myself stopping, so they're not losing anything...

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 12-Nov-16 12:38:22

But presumably by being able to do this, and by being able to purchase all these extra products you will be telling people about how awesome they are and recommending products. Seems like a pretty smart way to build customer loyalty

stumblymonkey Sat 12-Nov-16 12:38:36

I think it's fine. If they didn't want people to do this they could very easily write a clause in the contract that said you cant...

srslylikeomg Sat 12-Nov-16 12:41:55

It's fine, they should've just called you an ambassador as you will be promoting, not parties and stuff but as pp says its word of mouth etc

srslylikeomg Sat 12-Nov-16 12:42:33

Atrocious grammar and punctuation apologies

Oscha Sat 12-Nov-16 12:46:26

Yes, though I don't tend to talk about it much (I love the deodorant for instance, but who wants to know that? 😄). I am, however, going to be giving a load of NY Christmas presents this year, so that's good for them isn't it. Ok, I won't feel guilty, I will just enjoy. Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now