To stay in bed all day tomorrow?

(36 Posts)
MozzchopsThirty Fri 11-Nov-16 18:29:09

I've had the week from hell in work and ended up in tears
I haven't slept well all week, taking tablets to help me sleep but still not sleeping past 4.30am.
I don't have dcs this weekend
I did food shopping, all the washing, changed all bedding, cleaned and did a run today!

But I still feel a bit guilty, and my twat ex would call it a waste of a day

AIBU to stay in bed, watch Netflix and do nothing?

FeckinCrutches Fri 11-Nov-16 18:30:08

That's why he's an ex. Bloody enjoy it!

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Fri 11-Nov-16 18:30:54

Nope, sounds like a well deserved rest to me. Hope you feel the better for it!

KittyandTeal Fri 11-Nov-16 18:30:55

Staying in bed all day is definitely not a wasted day. Sounds like a brilliant plan

Haggisfish Fri 11-Nov-16 18:31:04

Yatnbu. Relish.

Helen1966 Fri 11-Nov-16 18:33:14

Not U at all. Do it and enjoy.
Last week I spent the whole of Saturday afternoon on the sofa catching up with the last 4 parts of a series I had saved on Sky.
Nobody died because I was doing that!

EveOnline2016 Fri 11-Nov-16 18:33:41

Sometimes you just need it.

i wouldn't spend all day in bed, unless somebody bought me coffee and snacks all day.

PotteringAlong Fri 11-Nov-16 18:34:32

It sounds amazing.

Farmmummy Fri 11-Nov-16 18:35:31

Oh that sounds like heaven I can't remember last time I had a DC free day but if I did I would love to spend it that way

CalleighDoodle Fri 11-Nov-16 18:35:48

When i was a single parent i had the odd weekend off when i woke up at lunch Time! It is exhausting parenting solo. Have a rest.

LilaTheLion Fri 11-Nov-16 18:37:52

I stayed in bed all morning, and when I got I up I tired enough to make me comfortable and sat on the sofa. Boyfriend took the kids to school. I've slept no more than 5 hrs a night all week, done two 13hr shifts and have two more at the weekend. I needed it. I feel so much better and able to face the world again.

Guilt at self care is ridiculous smile

LilaTheLion Fri 11-Nov-16 18:39:14

*tidied enough! Tired is obviously my go to t word, according to my phone blush

danTDM Fri 11-Nov-16 18:40:04

Totally agree, am often in the same boat as you, a day like this restores you wine

SidneyPiecrust Fri 11-Nov-16 18:46:56

This is why Netflix exists...enjoy!

MozzchopsThirty Fri 11-Nov-16 18:50:55

Thank you all, it's what I need, but just felt a bit indulgent and lazy

Belsatan Fri 11-Nov-16 18:54:44

Pj days are the best! I may have one myself tomorrow andhave not done half of the things you have.

Enjoy.

loveisagirlnameddaisy Fri 11-Nov-16 18:57:27

Self Care Week starts on Monday and is all about finding ways to control your own health and wellbeing. Rest is sensible, if you need it, it is not laziness.

flirtygirl Fri 11-Nov-16 19:09:28

Absolutely not being unreasonable. This is the only way i can survive, but mine are with kids so pyjama day all round.
If you need to recharge do it, whos to say its a waste. Taking care of yourself is never a waste of time.

Littlemissindependent Fri 11-Nov-16 19:22:34

Not at all. I've also had the week from hell, had to have my cat pts today and have decided that tomorrow is going to be a day of hibernation and general fuck the world attitude

Mildinsanity Fri 11-Nov-16 19:24:51

nope I did exactly that today, Ive had a tough week with a funeral, new medication, a dog having an operation and general no time to think.
So this morning I wake DP up and tell him to go to work on his own cos Im going back to sleep (we own our own buisness) and he did precisely that with not a single word of complaint.

I suppose I should get up and make him a nice dinner at least though.

BeverlyMarshlovesBen Fri 11-Nov-16 19:27:15

I'm jealous ... go for it x

wombattoo Fri 11-Nov-16 19:27:30

You are entitled to be as 'indulgent and lazy' as you like.
YADNBU. I hope you enjoy your day thanks

backupbackup Fri 11-Nov-16 19:37:44

YABVU to not mention what snacks you're taking to bed with you during the Netflix marathon.

I would take:

Thai sweet chilli crisps
Galaxy
Tea
Diet irn bru
Caramac buttons
Dominos for later in the day

Also a few magazines Grazia etc.

Yep. That's what I'd do.

smile

goddessofsmallthings Fri 11-Nov-16 19:39:18

It's not a "waste of a day": it's the equivalent of giving yourself much needed funds when you're in danger of becoming overdrawn.

Spend the day sleeping/chilling and think of it as investing in yourself.

flowers Littlemiss. I know the heartbreak of being parted from beloved feline, canine, and equine companions and I'm so very sorry for your loss.

ifancyagreencard Fri 11-Nov-16 19:45:10

I was idly surfing today and found this:

"Women in particular need to keep an eye on their physical and mental health, because if we're scurrying to and from appointments and errands, we don't have a lot of time to take care of ourselves. We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own 'to do' list".
Michelle Obama

Michelle says it's OK, you're good to go! None of us are Superwoman. Take your rest when you can! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now