Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Thank you so much to posters who reported my thread (picked up by DM)

(65 Posts)
SilverTraining Thu 10-Nov-16 16:16:11

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to MNers for their help and advice on my post yesterday which got picked up by DM - about unreasonable D H and public car humiliation . You were a huge, huge support. There isn't really anyone I can confide in in RL, so I am really thankful.
Also thank you to those who reported the thread to MN
I have namechanged. Hugely grateful to MN and all posters. Thank you. flowers

Chottie Thu 10-Nov-16 16:50:25

That is good news - I hope all continues to go well for you. flowers

RentANDBills Thu 10-Nov-16 16:51:57

flowers best of luck to you OP. I'll avoid speaking my mind about DM on this occasion!

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 10-Nov-16 16:57:49

The DM are cunts.

AyeAmarok Thu 10-Nov-16 17:01:32

They are total bastards, can't believe they stole that thread.

(I'd maybe namechange again though after this thread, just to be safe)

Best of luck.

Chottie Thu 10-Nov-16 17:03:00

That is good news - I hope all continues to go well for you.

I'm so sorry, I've just twigged that DM means DM and not Darling Mother on this occasion. blush

SilverTraining Thu 10-Nov-16 17:04:13

Don't worry Chottie, I assumed you meant it was good news that MN and MNers had been so helpful!

SilverTraining Thu 10-Nov-16 17:05:25

When MN alerted me first, I thought it meant Darling Man had picked it up! Imagine my horror, followed by relief when I realised it was 'only' the DM...

Ice3 Thu 10-Nov-16 17:05:41

I'm glad you're okay flowers

OutDamnedWind Thu 10-Nov-16 17:06:41

Oh my love - hope you're ok.

PleaseNotTrump Thu 10-Nov-16 17:10:51

Could anyone pm me what the bastard DM have done this time?

Hope you are OK, OP.

Emmageddon Thu 10-Nov-16 17:11:00

Bloody hell, do the Daily Mail ever do any journalistic research or do they simply sit there and browse through Mumsnet every day, picking on a suitable thread to highlight in their toilet paper?

OP, hope things are ok for you flowers

ThoraGruntwhistle Thu 10-Nov-16 17:14:02

Hi DM! You're a bunch of morally bankrupt wankers! Print that, fuckers.

EverySongbirdSays Thu 10-Nov-16 17:19:59

ABSOLUTE FUCKERS OP

Well done to the posters who spotted that and had the thread pulled.

Utterly irresponsible thing to do.

I wish you all the best OP

Butteredpars1ps Thu 10-Nov-16 17:22:22

Hope you and DS are OK flowers

woollyminded Thu 10-Nov-16 17:23:21

Afternoon DM staff. I wish you nothing but bad things, you are parasites and you disgust me.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Thu 10-Nov-16 17:24:57

Glad you are okay.

I didn't see your original post but it's worth bearing in mind that this is a public site, you don't even have to register to read threads.

MNHQ and DM benefit from this - both get more clicks from each other's members/readers. The wedding thread they took yesterday was full of people complaining about the DM comments, meaning DM had benefitted from more visitors.

This isn't a private safe space unfortunately so it's worth being ultra cautious when posting.

SilverTraining Thu 10-Nov-16 17:25:30

I think it's so lovely that MNers reported it for me, and how good are MNHQ to act on it and to let me know. Restores your faith in humanity.

SilverTraining Thu 10-Nov-16 17:26:50

Livia - thank you...I'll be careful next time. It's really valuable to have somewhere to confide though, especially when you don't have RL support.

Cherylene Thu 10-Nov-16 17:27:40

There are 2 'stories' that are cut and pastes of MN atm.

Apparently, once upon a time, the DM was a newspaper, and a respected one at that. (My DGF who was a printer told me so it really WAS a LONG TIME AGO- and it is a million miles from that now ).

Glad the thread was pulled and wish you well, OP.

MollyHopps Thu 10-Nov-16 17:29:21

I think we should do this with every thread the DM steal, until they go away.

thanks OP

SilverTraining Thu 10-Nov-16 17:31:07

Is there any way of 'copyrighting' threads - can you add a disclaimer in the OP or something to stop them stealing information?

SilverTraining Thu 10-Nov-16 17:32:11

Or maybe just intersperse each line in the OP with *DM is UTTER SHIT* - that might solve it.

Topseyt Thu 10-Nov-16 17:32:38

Typical of the Daily Fail, it seems. Awful

Hope you are OK, OP.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Thu 10-Nov-16 17:36:46

Nice idea but they will just block it.

While posters slag them off all the time and give them publicity they are going to take great delight in doing this - it's a win win.

HQ benefit as much as DM.

There's another thread about the DM doing this and as someone pointed out, an abusive partner is more likely to go through browsing history and find MN threads than happen to notice an article in the DM

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now