Talk

Advanced search

To think if Trump wants to build a wall he should pay for it himself?

(31 Posts)
malificent7 Thu 10-Nov-16 08:47:16

There should be no wall and if there is why on earth should Mexico pay?

SchnooSchnoo Thu 10-Nov-16 09:22:45

Trump kept going on about his election being equivalent to Brexit plus plus. I wonder if the USA has voted to leave the planet? In that case, they won't need a wall.

justilou Thu 10-Nov-16 15:20:39

And how exactly do you think he would make Mexico pay for a wall that they don't want anyway? Stupid man.

TathitiPete Thu 10-Nov-16 15:23:34

Think he should build a wall around himself tbh.

SooWrites Thu 10-Nov-16 15:27:42

If I was Mexico, I'd not be paying for any wall. I'd be desperately digging my country free of America and sailing as far the fuck away from that nutjob as I could.

In seriousness though, he needs support from the rest of his party to pass anything. Hopefully, they will rein in some of his more out-there ideas.

MitzyLefrouf Thu 10-Nov-16 15:29:50

Wall shmall.

There will be no wall.

America: 'We'd like payment within 30 days please.'
Mexico: 'Good luck with that America.'

msrisotto Thu 10-Nov-16 15:32:08

If it weren't so hateful, it would be funny. In all seriousness though, that wall is a ludicrous idea that will never ever happen. He hasn't put an ounce of thought into practicalities. I don't think he even meant it when he said it.

Arfarfanarf Thu 10-Nov-16 15:33:48

he actually thinks he can make mexico pay?

I hope they tell him to fuck off

actually fuck off.

diplomacy be damned

MitzyLefrouf Thu 10-Nov-16 15:35:58

He may as well have said he was going to cover Nebraska in diamanté crystals. Or build a waterfall that runs the length of the California/Nevada border. Just Trump bullshit.

5notrumps Thu 10-Nov-16 15:38:03

Actually there is already a wall of sorts. The US paid.

news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/03/160304-us-mexico-border-fence-wall-photos-immigration/

JellyBelli Thu 10-Nov-16 15:39:52

Remember how Boris Johnson used to come out with stuff? Its going to be 4 years of that but with someone who has their finger on the button.

abigamarone Thu 10-Nov-16 15:49:55

I'm quietly confident that Donald won't be allowed anywhere near any buttons during his presidency.

user1471439240 Thu 10-Nov-16 15:51:08

There will be no wall.
The wall was a metaphor.

MitzyLefrouf Thu 10-Nov-16 15:54:53

He won't even be allowed near his Twitter button.

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 10-Nov-16 15:55:00

There are plenty of ways the minority world makes the majority world pay for things. Don't kid yourself. Tied aid, debt, the IMF and World Bank, access to all sorts of things. Including one memorable time that a US representative threatened debtor countries with denying insulin to them. And there's always installing right wing puppet governments, funding them personally and the leaders funding the US out of the people's funds.

International relations is a murky and unpleasant place.

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 10-Nov-16 15:55:12

There are plenty of ways the minority world makes the majority world pay for things. Don't kid yourself. Tied aid, debt, the IMF and World Bank, access to all sorts of things. Including one memorable time that a US representative threatened debtor countries with denying insulin to them. And there's always installing right wing puppet governments, funding them personally and the leaders funding the US out of the people's funds.

International relations is a murky and unpleasant place.

Nonreplicable Thu 10-Nov-16 15:55:35

Yes, a metaphor.

Like the £350m per week for the NHS.

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 10-Nov-16 15:56:42

I reckon he will put toll gates in and charge entry - thus saying that he is getting them to pay for it.

MitzyLefrouf Thu 10-Nov-16 15:56:44

Metaphor. Yeah right. As if he plans that far ahead that he'd even come up with a metaphor.

He said it because he knew it would illicit a cheer. And he kept saying it because people kept cheering it.

Nonreplicable Thu 10-Nov-16 15:57:47

It will be a symbolic wall.

Or some such nonsense.

EllebellyBeeblebrox Thu 10-Nov-16 16:01:43

He's an unfathomable fuckwit, I hope his wall falls on him.

KidLorneRoll Thu 10-Nov-16 16:08:57

Metaphor my arse. Trump would have to look that word up in a dictionary, and even then he'd probably still not grasp the concept.

DrDreReturns Thu 10-Nov-16 16:14:18

It'll never get built. Isn't the border 2,000 miles long?! It's logistically unfeasible, like his claim to deport so many people.

Nonreplicable Thu 10-Nov-16 16:20:06

He might replace some of the existing fence with a wall and have his picture taken in front of it. Job done.

Then again, the British government built a wall in Calais. Not that different really.

DrDreReturns Thu 10-Nov-16 16:24:05

Then again, the British government built a wall in Calais. Not that different really.

Only about 2,000 miles different!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now