Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think they could have told me?

(9 Posts)
puzzledbyadream Thu 10-Nov-16 07:18:31

I'm 25 and have lived across the country from my parents for 3 years. My mum very rarely gets in touch with me unless someone has died or she is coming to visit, telling me that she keeps up on Facebook.

I woke up this morning to see on Facebook that her and my stepdad are on holiday in America! AIBU to think it might have been nice of them to let me know they were going out the country? I was going to phone my mum this weekend too...

babychamcherryb Thu 10-Nov-16 07:22:19

They could of sent a message. Not very nice to not bother to keep in touch with your own child sorry they're like this.

Lweji Thu 10-Nov-16 07:23:57

Ring her on her mobile and stay online for hours.
Don't let her tell you where she is or how much the call costs her.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Thu 10-Nov-16 07:24:19

I used to hate it when my mum did that... I slowly realised that she did tell me, I just never remembered blush. I'd have been doing that up to my early - mid 30s blushblush

So yes I think she should, but be aware that she might have!

(I'm much better now!)

wooooofudge Thu 10-Nov-16 07:38:42

Couldn't you ring her? Or do you get in touch with her more regularly, but she doesn't tell you stuff?

KC225 Thu 10-Nov-16 07:48:04

Do you call her? Communication is a two way street. Do you want more contact? Have you spoken to her about it? Maybe this would be an ideal opportunity to say, 'it would have been nice to know etc'

I do agree with you on The FACEBOOK phenomenon of glancing at a post is i keeping in touch - no it is not. I only joined two years ago when I moved abroad. It was an easy way to post photographs to a group of people who all seemed to be in the same place. I have shaved of a few people who never post themselves, never comment or like. One sent an email saying she was disappointed I didn't want to stay in touch. I think Facebook is a great thing but it can make the lazy think they are making an effort.

perditalost Thu 10-Nov-16 07:51:57

Do you tell her when you are going on holiday?

wooooofudge Thu 10-Nov-16 07:56:53

KC225 I don't think you have been very fair to those people who aren't regularly on Facebook! Posting photos on there is not the same as personal communication.

qwom Thu 10-Nov-16 07:59:48

No one died on holiday? Maybe you could make the effort to keep more in touch with your mum if you're that bothered when she's out of the country

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now