Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to call in sick?

(13 Posts)
PromiseImNotThePooTroll Thu 10-Nov-16 06:55:51

Name-changed as this is mildly embarrassing:

Have suffered from chronic constipation for a while. Last week finally steeled myself to talk to the GP about it, who put me on a disimpaction regime <grim>. I started on Monday and as of yesterday (my day off - I work Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday) it's finally beginning to work. It's basically like having the runs, except I obviously know I'm not infectious and feel ok in myself.

I genuinely can't decide if it's reasonable to take the day off. I would say no, except that I have over an hours commute each way involving walking and a train. Diarrhea in a train toilet terrifies me. And also it's a training day, so death by PowerPoint in a small room where me legging it to the loo at least every hour if not more will be very noticeable.

BUT I'm not actually ill.

I have an hour before I need to get the train. Help me decide what to do?!

PippaPug Thu 10-Nov-16 06:57:00

Call in sick!

greenfolder Thu 10-Nov-16 06:57:17

I would take the day off for intestinal issues.

NoahVale Thu 10-Nov-16 06:57:56

yes but you still have diarrhoea, even though it is not infectious. still not nice for you. stay at home, near a loo

ihatethecold Thu 10-Nov-16 06:58:16

Stay off.
You might not feel ill but you are trying to get better if that makes sense.

Plus train toilets. Just no!

CurlsLDN Thu 10-Nov-16 06:58:28

Call in sick - you are ill with constipation, and are now living the treatment.

PromiseImNotThePooTroll Thu 10-Nov-16 07:02:54

That seems unanimous.

To add (in a sorry to drip-feed kind of way): I also had to take Monday morning off as DS had a temperature, and I had to wait for FIL to arrive for childcare as he couldn't go to nursery.

I think this is why I'm extra-reluctant to call in sick.

But your unanimity is noted.

Trooperslane Thu 10-Nov-16 07:29:48

Definitely call in sick. Do you have an option to work from home?

Fortitudine Thu 10-Nov-16 07:44:04

Definitely call in sick. I've had that treatment and you need to be near a loo. Good news is that if it started working yesterday you should be ok by tomorrow.

Unwrapped Thu 10-Nov-16 07:45:28

Call in sick! Having diarrhoea on the train/at work is embarrassing and there's no garantee the loo will be free or clean when you need it.

BusStopBetty Thu 10-Nov-16 07:47:31

Movicol? STAY AT HOME. When that stuff starts to work, it really starts to work.

On the plus side, it's a very effective treatment once you're on a maintenance dose.

BabooshkaKate Thu 10-Nov-16 07:56:53

Of course you're ill. Call in sick!

fraggle84 Thu 10-Nov-16 08:09:51

Call in sick until it's resolved not just today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now