Talk

Advanced search

Benefit cap

(20 Posts)
janewest33 Tue 08-Nov-16 16:40:41

Hi, It's going to be hard on families; but they were forwarned 12 months ago that the government was going to further cap all benefits. What's behind it is that no one on benefits should be better off than those going to work, those who work on wages beneath this figure can get in work benefits to make up their wages. The real point is the low wages companies pay knowing that the government will make up employees money - the current hourly wage paid at the basic pay is not enough, government should not have to subsidise business.

kormachameleon Tue 08-Nov-16 16:41:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Tue 08-Nov-16 16:41:47

And you've posted this because?? confused

JenLindleyShitMom Tue 08-Nov-16 16:43:01

Oh thank goodness you came along to explain all that. We were all just standing around shrugging our shoulders at each other.

IneedAdinosaurNickname Tue 08-Nov-16 16:44:27

And you've posted this because??

The 3636263652636373891982 about it weren't enough?

IneedAdinosaurNickname Tue 08-Nov-16 16:44:47

3636263652636373891982 previous threads that is

Mozfan1 Tue 08-Nov-16 16:55:01

There's already an active thread about this.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Tue 08-Nov-16 16:59:13

It doesn't matter if they were forwarned a million years ago.
People dont just stop being sick mentally ill or disabled, because of government cuts.
A just doesn't magically turn up for someone who's spent years looking and doing their damned hardest to find employment.
And saving for them is impossible. They can just about survive. Let alone save.
You don't honestly think people enjoy living in poverty, do you. Dreading DWP letters coming through their door. Having to bow down to some tosser incase their benefits are stopped. All for a sweaty what is it £70 PW. That's not a pittance. That's a fucking insult. !!!!.
These cuts will not may but will cause deaths. eg people will die of the cold. When they Cant afford to put their heating on or eat.
Meanwhile Dirty rapists and child abusers ect ect will be tucking into 3 square meals a day.
What my question is. Is am I going to be paying less taxes now that less of my money is going to the needy, SNF if not. Where is my hard earned money going. On a fucking cruise and expenses for the powers that be. !!!!!!!!!

Ayeok Tue 08-Nov-16 17:00:08

Oh good, another Daily Fail thread hmm

Awwlookatmybabyspider Tue 08-Nov-16 17:01:25

They've got to talk about someone I suppose. Might as well be us. Aye

Believeitornot Tue 08-Nov-16 17:01:34

Osborne claimed to reverse the worst of the cuts.

They've warned people individually with letters through their door and giving little notice.

It is no excuse for the government to act like a bunch of tight fisted bastards. All the while they want to raise MPs salaries and allowances and throw billions at the Chinese. For ONE nuclear power station.

Ayeok Tue 08-Nov-16 17:03:24

Awwlookatmybabyspider yeah fair point. I'm just getting really depressed with all the benefits bashing on here. Society as a whole needs to change, pushing people further into poverty is not the answer.

JellyBelli Tue 08-Nov-16 17:10:29

no one on benefits should be better off than those going to work

I cant believe people actually fell for that.
If thats the case, why dont they fix itt? Why dont they cap directors pay if the lowest paid workers are eleigible for tax credits?
Why dont they force companies to start everyone off on fixed hour contracts with no overtiomne, so that people entitled to tax credits can actually apply for jobs?
Why dont they reverse the changes to tax credits back to the old system so that people can take 'as and when required' jobs?
Why dont they chase up people who avoid paying tax?
Why dont they make working people better off?

Awwlookatmybabyspider Tue 08-Nov-16 17:10:46

Me too Aye benefit bashing mskes me seethe, however. Theyll soon stop benefit bashing when good old karma goes knocking on their doors. They won't be smugly typing away picking on the poor then.
I'm no expert and I don't know the answers, but it isn't making the poor destitute while raising their cunting salaries.

Thatwaslulu Tue 08-Nov-16 17:16:19

And those who are working part time are being hassled to increase their hours or take on another job, or risk sanctions, even to the point where a person taking annual leave from their 30 hours per week job and using it to go on holiday with their family was sanctioned by the DWP for "not being available for full time work" during the week they were on a caravan holiday in Dorset.

But that's OK because they have had 12 months to get used to the idea hmm

Ayeok Tue 08-Nov-16 17:16:54

I wish I knew the answers too Aw, but I know this isn't it. I have the luxury of a DP who works long hours for not much above minimum wage to provide for us (I stay home to avoid having to pay childcare). I am fully aware it is a luxury. I hate the culture of blame which means that the super rich get away with borderline criminal behaviour, yet people on benefits are castigated.

bloodyteenagers Tue 08-Nov-16 17:32:17

Why would a person working 30 hours be sanctioned by dwp? Over 16 hours they would come under hmrc and tax credits

RachelRagged Tue 08-Nov-16 17:32:28

What a Goady Fucker post

Thatwaslulu Tue 08-Nov-16 17:37:54

In work conditionality for those in the universal credit rollout. The UC takes the place of the HMRC benefits.

expatinscotland Tue 08-Nov-16 17:42:11

biscuit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now