To somewhat like the rocky horror picture show?

(67 Posts)
LouisvilleLlama Mon 07-Nov-16 20:40:49

Never seen the original and this was on TV, it's overacted and bad but I actually enjoyed it being so bad it was good, although they must have spent loads of the budget on costumes wink

Offler Mon 07-Nov-16 20:43:02

Not seen the re-make, but we all love the original at chez Offler, and have the soundtrack in the car! My 4 year old loves Hot Patootie 😁

Arfarfanarf Mon 07-Nov-16 20:44:32

Oh yes.
It's fab
it's supposed to be overacted and bad. That's part of its fabulousness 😁

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Mon 07-Nov-16 20:44:46

YABU. The (original) Rocky Horror Show is not "somewhat likeable" it is awesome!

LouisvilleLlama Mon 07-Nov-16 20:45:10

Just realised I didn't put remake in the title! blushI think it's because I put the whole title in the title and thought too long!

Mamabear14 Mon 07-Nov-16 20:45:31

The original is my favourite film. I can't bring myself to watch the re-make. I have a bit of a thing for Tim Curry in his corset and suspenders!

NoelHeadbands Mon 07-Nov-16 20:46:16

ADORE the original

You can't remake this:

LouisvilleLlama Mon 07-Nov-16 20:46:19

Didn't even address that it was the remake in the OP this is a disaster...!

YorkieDorkie Mon 07-Nov-16 20:48:04

YABU the original is incredible. I can't watch the remake!

GipsyDanger Mon 07-Nov-16 20:51:59

YABU saying it was "somewhat likeable" 😜

Is it strange that I thought Tim Curry was hot in the original. #thoselegsthough!

pinkpixie83 Mon 07-Nov-16 20:54:41

The original is the best musical theatre ever

NiallandNiamh Mon 07-Nov-16 21:49:52

the original is the best musical ever made (imo). the remake us the biggest pile of crap ever!

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Mon 07-Nov-16 21:52:56

I can't bring myself to watch the remake.

AnnieOnAMapleLeaf Mon 07-Nov-16 21:55:11

The remake was an abomination! Bad acting and far too "clean" for Rocky. I adore Laverne Cox but she was the wrong choice for the role. There is and will only ever be one Frank - Tim Curry.

Magna Mon 07-Nov-16 21:55:24

I've watched the remake and had to watch the original straight after to bleach it from my mind.

Original awesome, remake absolute shite

dingdongdigeridoo Mon 07-Nov-16 21:56:39

Love the original!

The remake is meh. It's quite a pretty, nicely filmed production. But Rocky Horror should be rough and dirty.

The Glee version with cleaned up lyrics is terrible. Just the worst episode of anything ever.

Magna Mon 07-Nov-16 21:56:45

Annie completely agree

PaperdollCartoon Mon 07-Nov-16 21:58:47

The original is amazing! I've seen it live on stage twice as well. I have no interest in watching the remake, no matter how great Laverne Cox is, it would be upsetting.

NiallandNiamh Mon 07-Nov-16 21:59:04

some things should never be touched. this is a prime example! it was like Disney does Rocky Horror

JellyWitch Mon 07-Nov-16 22:00:23

No interest in the remake at all. Why would they do that when the original is so amazing. Nothing can compare with Tim Curry.

Bufferingkisses Mon 07-Nov-16 22:02:42

I hadn't heard of the remake until finding my adult daughter had recorded it on my sky. She watched under 1 minute before pronouncing it unwatchable. I gave it a go cut to 20 minutes in when frank appears oh my word! My partner isn't a fan and even he needed 5 minutes of the original to wash it away!

Aside from anything else seeing "victorious" trying to be Janet was toe curling!

70ontheinside Mon 07-Nov-16 22:04:26

There is nothing like the original, I didn't even bother with the remake.
I used to know the whole film by heart - at what age should children be introduced to it?

PatricianOfAnkhMorpork Mon 07-Nov-16 22:12:34

Remake is shit. Original is awesome! I had to watch the original straight after the remake to bleach my brain.

Laverne Cox was utterly shite and can't act. In fact all the cast was appalling or great but under utilised. They couldn't even do the timewarp.

Figgygal Mon 07-Nov-16 22:14:51

The only redeeming feature of the remake is Adam Lambert as Eddie the rest of it was abominable

Do yourself a favour watch the original as soon as possible and see it how it should be

Luciferbox Mon 07-Nov-16 22:15:12

I managed about 20 mins of the remake before I had to turn it off. Even DH who isn't a fan said it's dire.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now