Talk

Advanced search

Washing!

(16 Posts)
Pinky145 Mon 07-Nov-16 15:54:05

Aibu in questioning why people hang there washing out in freezing weather?
Waste of time?

pklme Mon 07-Nov-16 15:58:16

If it is windy, it will dry.

SugarNspiceNallThingsNice Mon 07-Nov-16 15:59:14

If it's windy it'll dry, saves a bit on the electric

OohMavis Mon 07-Nov-16 16:03:21

It'll dry if it's not too damp and there's a bit of wind.

But tbh I much prefer loading the tumble dryer and sitting down with a cup of tea.

ExitPursuedBySpartacus Mon 07-Nov-16 16:04:38

OOh you are brave Mavis

RhinestoneCowgirl Mon 07-Nov-16 16:05:16

I had washing out from first thing this morning, it's mostly dry now and I've brought it in and put it on the airer.

Less moisture in the house than there would have been if it was on the airer all day. Plus line dried stuff smells nicer...

LetsAllEatCakes Mon 07-Nov-16 16:18:51

It dries almost right through and only needs an hour on the radiators. I get a sore throat if I hang it straight up on the radiators or airer.

HeCantBeSerious Mon 07-Nov-16 17:01:30

The only reason I don't hang my clothes out to dry now is because of the bloody neighbours and their sodding woodburners. Antisocial bastards.

WatchingFromTheWings Mon 07-Nov-16 17:06:50

I was hanging washing on the line until a few days ago. It dries fine if there's a wind even if it's chilly. Can't afford to have the drier and radiators on 24/7 to get everything dry otherwise.

listsandbudgets Mon 07-Nov-16 17:09:50

I dried a wash outside today. Just a few items needed 20 minutes in tumble dryer to finish them off.

ThoraGruntwhistle Mon 07-Nov-16 17:11:03

I have just brought mine inside, it's been out since 8.30am and it's mostly dry. It will finish off overnight on the airer and banisters. All moisture that goes outside instead of making my house damp has to be worth it.

HandbagCrazy Mon 07-Nov-16 17:17:47

I was going to post the same question OP. My neighbour hangs washing out every day (and just leaves it out for an extra day if it's been raining envy <-- bleugh face).
I understand if there is a breeze but today has been very still where we are and half his garden is trees blocking out any wind and yet he's had clothes all day. There is no way that they're anywhere near dry confused

Topseyt Mon 07-Nov-16 17:19:51

If there is some wind and it is a dry day then a fair bit of it does dry out a lot. Then when brought in it doesn't take long in the tumble dryer to finish off. Saves some electricity at least.

Bluepowder Mon 07-Nov-16 17:22:09

You are a dedicated lot. I might be brave and try it tomorrow. I was considering one of those heated airers for overnight in the kitchen. Our dryer is pretty rubbish.

happymumof4crazykids Mon 07-Nov-16 17:27:45

Nope all in the dryer or over the radiator if. Can't be tumble dried.

Pinky145 Mon 07-Nov-16 17:39:38

Thanks guys! I might try this with my next load. I genuinely thought it was too cold for it to dry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now