Aibu to still think I may be pregnant...

(19 Posts)
pineappleshortbread Mon 07-Nov-16 15:00:48

Okay so posting here for traffic really and some advice.

Im currently 4 weeks late for my period and I have never been late before except for when I was pregnant. I have been feeling sick, getting cramping pain and leaking nipples as well as generally feeling exhausted.

Ive been thinking that I may be pregnant again but I have taken 5 pregnancy tests in the last 4 weeks and 1 today all of which have been negative.

So what im asking is could all those tests be wrong or what else may it be and what should I do next?

eggyface Mon 07-Nov-16 15:04:40

Go to doctor for blood test in case it's ectopic?

Alabastard Mon 07-Nov-16 15:08:22

Speak to your GP for a blood test.

eggyface Mon 07-Nov-16 15:08:34

See a doctor for a blood test to rule out ectopic?

eggyface Mon 07-Nov-16 15:09:08

Sorry silly phone! I don't want to tell you twice smile

PurpleDaisies Mon 07-Nov-16 15:12:05

It's very unusual to get a negative test with an ectopic pregnancy. I'd make an appointment to see your GP. Sod'a law says as soon as you book an appointment you'll get your period.

pineappleshortbread Mon 07-Nov-16 15:13:23

Okay thanks ill book an appointment.
Its been quite difficult as I wpuld love another baby however my dh is adamant he doesn't so today when I took the test he was really happy that it was negative but I was devastated. A part of me is desperate for the tests to be wrong

CatatonicLadybug Mon 07-Nov-16 15:22:28

Book in and have bloods done. You may need to do two lots and they compare to see if things are changing day by day.

It is possible to have a genetic predisposition to a much lower HCG level than usual and it does not necessarily lead to any problems with pregnancy, aside from going months thinking you have some weird sort of bug when actually you're pregnant.

Might not be that but it is a possibility and blood tests (and possibly early ultrasound) can confirm.

Stilltryingtobeme Mon 07-Nov-16 15:23:27

I had 18 weeks of no period once when I came off the pill. It was awful. Like being pregnant but not. Bloods checked came back a bit of a hormonal imbalance. It settled itself but it was awful. Best of luck and pop to the doctors!

PurpleDaisies Mon 07-Nov-16 15:23:38

Did you get positive tests when you were pregnant before?

pineappleshortbread Mon 07-Nov-16 15:45:33

Yes I did but with my second ds I got one negative before the positive.
Its horrible being in constant limbo. Im treating my body as if I am pregnant so not smoking eating healthily and not taking risks at work (I work in health care) just in case.

Pugsymalone Mon 07-Nov-16 16:47:11

I haven't had a period since 18th August , I done 3 tests on 22nd September all negative , just on a whim I took another one on the 6th October and it was positive straight away ️went to docs and they confirmed I was 7 weeks ! Doc said sometimes your hcg level ️just isn't strong enough till later on in the pregnancy , im 12 weeks on Thursday and due in may , hope you get the result ️you want

pineappleshortbread Mon 07-Nov-16 16:52:09

Thank you pugsy

Im thinking positively and keeping my fingers crossed for now whilst hubby is hoping im not lol. Luckily he has said if I am he will love it and we will find a way. grin

ClopySow Mon 07-Nov-16 17:17:01

I got negative test results at 5 weeks and positive at 6 weeks.

Pugsymalone Mon 07-Nov-16 17:17:09

My bf was the same!! were "sadly" not together anymore but I think this is because he's the ultimate mummy's boy 😂im having a baby with a baby tbh!!!

pineappleshortbread Mon 07-Nov-16 17:21:01

flowers sorry to hear that pugsy I hope all goes well for you.

We already have too beautiful sons and he doesnt want anymore but ive been longing for another and this just feels like my last chance

Mooey89 Mon 07-Nov-16 17:21:56

Docs for a blood test.

user1478450549 Mon 07-Nov-16 17:45:06

Go to doctor for blood test in case it's ectopic?

Ectopic pregnancies give the exact same test results as an intra-uterine pregnancy.

Peanutandphoenix Mon 07-Nov-16 18:17:25

You could be pregnant but this early on your HCG levels could just be too low for the pregnancy test to pick up. Go to the doctors they will be able to tell you if you are or not. Good luck I really hope you get the result that you want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now