Talk

Advanced search

To cancel EVERTHING and rip up 'to do' list

(2 Posts)
Hedgehog80 Sun 06-Nov-16 14:48:00

Overload point has been reached. I sometimes get completely physically, emotionally, mentally overwhelmed and feel like I need to just cancel everything and hide away to get back to a functioning level.

We have so much on over the next couple of weeks but I feel like just postponing it all or where possible so that I can actually rest and get my thoughts together ?
I just want to rip up my 'to do' list and shift the dcs hospital appts that I can to in a couple of weeks time apart from 2 really important ones

I just feel at that point where the week facing me is too overwhelming and I need to not feel so overwhelmed if that makes sense

NewDay10 Sun 06-Nov-16 15:18:50

Do it. I did something similar recently. I had packed in too much over 3-4 days and I was very honest with the people involved and said I need to cancel xyz and it wasn't an issue. One thing I'm getting round to doing 2.5 weeks later. The others well waiting but I just couldn't cope and I felt so so guilty but then so relieved once I knew I was doing 2 of 6 things that day instead of 6! Just do what's absolutely necessary. YANBU

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now