Talk

Advanced search

DD preschool

(6 Posts)
Unicorn1981 Sat 05-Nov-16 22:15:20

Yesterday when I went to collect dd from preschool (she's 3) the staff told me she'd had an accident and got knocked into the door to the garden. She had a sore lip and nose. Her nose was sore anyway due a cold so it didn't look too bad. Today there is a scab there. When we got in the car dd said a boy had been pushing her and her friend but her teacher had said she would speak to him. Later on when my partner came back from work she told him and me this boy had pushed her into the door because he wanted to play with her and she wanted to play with this other girl. AIBU to think this is just toddler tit for tat or should I speak to the preschool? A couple of weeks ago she told me a different boy had been throwing sand in some girls' faces so she'd asked him to stop and he'd kicked her. Nothing has happened with this boy since and they have played together nicely. I'm just wondering if anyone can reassure me this happens at preschool as I have no experience of it. I have said that she needs to make sure the teacher knows but I don't want to encourage her to tell tales etc.

Unicorn1981 Sat 05-Nov-16 22:17:00

Oh I did mention the first instance when there was a parent child thing at preschool and one of the workers said they do deal with these things at the time but she has been going since September and is about to go full time when I start work and I want to make sure she is ok.

DearMrDilkington Sat 05-Nov-16 22:17:29

This stuff happens unfortunately. Make sure she knows she must always tell an adult if someone hurts her though.

DearMrDilkington Sat 05-Nov-16 22:19:32

When my dd was at nursery, she was pushed down the slide from the top by a little boy. No further accidents happened and she didn't seem too fazed over it. She had a sore lip and nose for a while though as she landed flat on her face! The nursery staff did have a stern word with the little boy though.

LoisEighty Sat 05-Nov-16 22:20:11

Yes, this is normal 3yo stuff. Two fairly minor incidents since September doesn't sound like a worry - and telling the teacher when she is hurt isn't telling tales.

Unicorn1981 Sat 05-Nov-16 22:21:55

Thank you. I have also told her to try to play with everyone equally because I am also worried about her maybe excluding this boy because 'this girl is my best friend and I just want to play with her'. I never thought this stuff started this young!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now