Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to think some people are utter scum

(183 Posts)
crystalballbroke Sat 05-Nov-16 21:46:30

I'm so angry.

Had an evening out to watch a free council run firework display at a local heritage park.

We arrived early but the place was already heaving, so we bought some burgers/hot dogs to kill some time and as we were all hungry.

Standing with dh and the 3 dc and all of a sudden something made us all jump, and I felt something hit my hand hard.

Youngest ds6's face is covered in egg yolk. Whoever lobbed it had run as they'd thrown it. Luckily it didn't break in his face as it hit my hand first, but he took the fall out.

Why would someone do this? Luckily ds is placid and didn't care once he'd been cleaned up (as best we could) but my middle ds was in tears, my eldest fuming wanting to hunt them down. Egg covered coats/clothes and my hand (despite me wearing gloves) is swollen and bruised as got me on the knuckle.

Complete scum bag, I hope they get their comeuppance.

Rafeontherun Sat 05-Nov-16 21:47:31

Wtf. That's awful!

Teepish Sat 05-Nov-16 21:49:39

What a piece of shit. Your poor kids.

Pearlmum1 Sat 05-Nov-16 21:54:16

Absolutely horrendous. The worst thing I've ever seen was on the School Bus (I was about 14 at the time) and some boys threw a pot of yogurt off the bus, that hit a lady with a pram. Still upsets me when I think of it.

Marylou2 Sat 05-Nov-16 21:54:58

Just horrible. Hope you're all OK now and the kids enjoyed the fireworks.

AntheaBelveden Sat 05-Nov-16 21:55:02

YANBU. I had eggs thrown at me out of a car window whilst I was on a run a few months ago.

Black eye, scratched cornea and a fractured wrist from falling over.

Some people really are scum.

ivehadenough10 Sat 05-Nov-16 22:00:46

Thats just awful, hope you are all okay. flowers

crystalballbroke Sat 05-Nov-16 22:01:07

Anthea, that's awful.

It never occurred to me that an egg could hurt so much. Until to tonight.

Note3 Sat 05-Nov-16 22:02:18

That's really nasty. I'm amazed at the chilled attitude of your youngest, poor little lad.

I would have been shaken and livid

Lilmisskittykat Sat 05-Nov-16 22:04:37

People can be such scumbags. Makes you despair

tallwivglasses Sat 05-Nov-16 22:05:13

Yes I've been hit with an egg it hurts! Maye just maybe that person isn't very proud of themselves right now.

AntheaBelveden Sat 05-Nov-16 22:06:38

Me neither crystal. Unfortunately there wasn't anyone else around so I had to call DH to come and get me and hope they didn't come back.

I hope your middle ds feels better flowers

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 05-Nov-16 22:06:54

Fucking horrible piece of shit. Well actually that's an insult to a piece of shit. Your poor DS.
I remember I must have been around 10 years old. I was at the park with my friend. When suddenly I felt the most horrendous pain on the back of my head. I could feel all this too which I thought was blood. It was a an egg.

Coconutty Sat 05-Nov-16 22:08:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 05-Nov-16 22:08:26

Goo not too. Damn autocorrect wish it would keep its beak out

ClaudiaApfelstrudel Sat 05-Nov-16 22:08:42

what an absolutely revolting individual

thanks god you are all ok op flowers

JustHereIGuess Sat 05-Nov-16 22:12:22

Sorry to hear what happened to you flowers

I can only assume the person that done it was a child/teenage. I think the word(s) *scumbag/pieces of sht is a little too full on/harsh you have described an idiot.

Wishforsnow Sat 05-Nov-16 22:18:05

There are plenty of scum out there sorry you had to meet some tonight. Hope nobody will be on defending that they may had a bad childhood in order to behave that way.

legotits Sat 05-Nov-16 22:19:30

Blimey is there any security about?

I would alert someone if it won't ruin your night even more.

Local to me rival pricks like to start a firework war so it may not just be eggs.

Sorry they did this flowers

madmomma Sat 05-Nov-16 22:20:08

God what a twat I wish your dh could have caught him and given him a slap!

knaffedoff Sat 05-Nov-16 22:22:26

I hope your son is ok, pretty mean thing to happen sad

ClaudiaApfelstrudel Sat 05-Nov-16 22:25:11

people who do things like this live sad pathetic invisible lives OP, they will get their comeuppance no need to worry about that

JenniferYellowHat1980 Sat 05-Nov-16 22:27:29

This is why I don't teach any more. Unfortunately there are a lot of arseholes in the making around.

I was walking through a park / play area into town this morning when I noticed a big Staffie cross running loose and lunging at other dogs. The two pricks responsible for it were drinking cans of strong lager and engrossed in conversation. They didn't make any attempt to get it back on the lead - glad I didn't have the DCs with me.

Yes there are some absolute pricks around.

sweetkitty Sat 05-Nov-16 22:28:54

Reminds me of years ago my gran was being blue lighted to hospital in an ambulance and boys were on a bridge over the dual carriageway lobbing bricks at cars, they hit the windscreen, the poor driver was covered in glass and blood and my poor gran had glass all over her, scum!

PinkiePiesCupcakes Sat 05-Nov-16 22:30:01

Actually JustHereIGuess I think Scum, cunts, arseholes, shitehawks etc is more fitting than idiot.
Being if low intelligence doest make you throw eggs at people, being a cunt makes you throw eggs at people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now