Talk

Advanced search

Room of Doom.

(77 Posts)
titianprincess Thu 03-Nov-16 18:20:16

AIBU to ask if any you have a room of doom in your house where you throw all your crap and it looks like Lord Lucan might be found hiding in it? Please make me feel better and say yes blush

Had anyone had a room of doom and managed to tidy it and keep it presentable??

Wrinklytights Thu 03-Nov-16 18:26:11

Yes. But I sorted it out last weekend and it looks amazing now. You could hardly open the door before!

isseywithcats Thu 03-Nov-16 18:26:11

the room of doom in this house is otherwise known as my partners office, he works from home quite a lot, and have to confess i dont go in there as its a total mess with paperwork everywhere, his desk hides under a lot of stuff and my fingers start itching to tidy it up but then i know it will look the same the next day , so i hoover the minimal strip of car[pet i can see and shut the door fast before any of the cats get in there, because if they did i would lose them for a week

baconandeggies Thu 03-Nov-16 18:29:59

not at the mo, but my mother called her crap cupboard a 'glory hole'

Stormwhale Thu 03-Nov-16 18:31:29

I had one. I sorted it yesterday as it was making me feel really low. It's lovely now.

baconandeggies Thu 03-Nov-16 18:31:54

Oh heck - I've just googled 'glory hole' wondering what it means - oops! Don't think she's aware of that! shock

PipersPiping Thu 03-Nov-16 18:32:08

I have a drawer of doom, full of all sorts of crap. Every time I go in there i think I should clear it out..that's never going to happen!

titianprincess Thu 03-Nov-16 18:32:51

storm this is how I feel about mine. It's getting ridiculous now how messy it is

Soubriquet Thu 03-Nov-16 18:33:19

I was going to say

"Glory hole?!" shockgrin

Our under the stair cupboard was like this. WAS!

NonStopNeuroticCabaret Thu 03-Nov-16 18:34:13

I've got a cupboard that DP christened 'the Finders Keepers cupboard' as when you open it you get showered in abandoned space hoppers/cardboard boxes/Bags For Life. I would not be remotely surprised if Neil Buchanan was nesting in there somewhere.

Nongoddess Thu 03-Nov-16 18:34:59

Oh Lord! I have one and it gets me down constantly. It was the task for today and yesterday and the day before that. Can we pledge to deal with them together please titian? How doomy exactly is your room? I'll show you mine if you'll show me... it's terrible though.

PinkSquash Thu 03-Nov-16 18:35:05

We have a 'Harry P otter cupboard' which is like this at the moment. I need to get some decent storage solutions so everything can sit neatly.

grin at glory hole

Nongoddess Thu 03-Nov-16 18:35:54

Neil Buchanan! grin

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 03-Nov-16 18:37:32

Oh yes, I can barely open the door, it's embarrassing.

liquidrevolution Thu 03-Nov-16 18:39:30

My office cum spare room. Everything not in the other rooms in the house gets put in there. Tidying up inviolves gathering random crap from the other rooms and putting in there. DH moans about it but I dont see him helping to keep it tidy. hmm.

grin at Glory Hole...

titianprincess Thu 03-Nov-16 18:39:41

goddess

There is a bed in the room but you can't see it because it is covered in crap. There are things on the floor and I feel a sense of despair whenever I open the door sad

Leeds2 Thu 03-Nov-16 18:39:55

Bacon, when I was growing up (Manchester, '70s) we had a glory hole too! It had stuff like the mop bucket, outdoor toys like bats and balls, shoe cleaning kit etc.

LifeIsGhoulish Thu 03-Nov-16 18:42:16

My Room of Doom starts at my front door sadhmmconfused

Bringmewineandcake Thu 03-Nov-16 18:44:16

Oh yes we do!! Although we had an EA over yesterday to do a valuation so our room of doom is currently beautiful and has never looked bigger won't last

CigarsofthePharoahs Thu 03-Nov-16 18:44:34

DH has the Shed of Many Mysteries.
Seriously, its knee deep in crap. Most needs a quick trip to the municipal waste centre.
I have a craft room. Its a tidily box room that was very much a room of doom until I bought proper shelving and got used to dumping dh's abandoned crud into his shed.
I still have to police the room carefully as old habits seem to die hard. Its a crud magnet all right.

baconandeggies Thu 03-Nov-16 18:44:35

Ahh - that's just like her cupboard Leeds2 - we also say 'mithering' and other northernish words, but we all grew up in the southwest.

FindoGask Thu 03-Nov-16 18:44:43

We don't have a Room of Doom but we do have more than one Drawer of Despair.

SittingDrinkingTea Thu 03-Nov-16 18:47:45

I have a conservatory of doom. It's a totally useless room, DH put a greenhouse thermometer in there, in the hight of summer it reached over 50 degrees but right now it's about 4 degrees. I have no incentive to clear it out at all because as it is the conservatory can't be used as a living space so it might as well be the repository of all crap.

MrHannahSnell Thu 03-Nov-16 18:50:15

Just one room! Amateurs!grin

TheFarceAwakens Thu 03-Nov-16 18:52:51

I used to have one- it's where the ironing lived (and reproduced) and all the boxes and books and stuff that I inintended to take upstairs and put away but never got any further than that room. If I'm honest, the only reason it's no longer my room of shame is that I got upduffed and needed it for DC2. I now have a cupboard of despair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now