Talk

Advanced search

AIBU? Making family move for promotion prospects

(2 Posts)
Rabbitroad29 Thu 03-Nov-16 13:50:33

Hello,
I have three children- two primary school age and one secondary. I work as a teacher in an independent school. The job is well paid but I don't enjoy it so much as I really want to be a head of department or make some decisions myself.
There is no opportunity for movement in my role as people tend to get to my work and stay there for ever. My children are fairly settled but we live in rented accomodation as we haven't been able to sell our house.
My eldest daughter has just started Year 7 and the other two are coming up for Year 5 and Year 6.
I want to apply for promotional jobs but it does mean that we would have to uproot the family again- we did move three years ago from another place in the south of England again because of my job.
My husband is a nurse and can pretty much work anywhere so he says I should apply and then think about the after effects.
I worry about the effect on the children though and if we will ever be happy and settle down. They have "friends" but not best friends. We never have children round to play.
I worry about starting again but also that I need my career to move as I do have 30 years left of it.. AIBU?

OlennasWimple Thu 03-Nov-16 13:53:49

I agree with your DH - apply for promotions and if you get one then move to make it happen. I wouldn't move somewhere just because you thought that the prospects of a promotion would be better, I would get it under my belt first

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now