I have broken my bath - private tenant D: Help!

(7 Posts)
Vulty Wed 02-Nov-16 13:12:55

Ok so I was cleaning the bathroom, the shower head fell and cracked the bath. I am FREAKING out. I looked into repairing it myself but people think I am crazy as its the landlords responsibility to do repairs. The shower head stand is not steady, it's very easy for it to fall off. I guess I just hate asking for repairs to be done, I asked a long time ago about a leak in my room and nothing has been done along with the light in my daughters room never working. I now have discovered a leak where the boiler is and another under the sink. I'm so scared to bring up the bath aibu? and anyway, should it have even cracked?!

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Wed 02-Nov-16 13:14:02

It should not have cracked, may be an old bath. Chase up all repairs ASAP!!

baconandeggies Wed 02-Nov-16 13:19:25

Put it all in writing and send via recorded delivery. List all the repairs that need doing and say you want to have a reply within X days. Do say that due to the showerhead being held insecurely by a faulty mounting, that it has fallen and cracked the bath.

MatildaTheCat Wed 02-Nov-16 13:19:27

I am a LL but in your position I would say the shower head fell from the wonky fitting and omit to mention you were in the room. Itemise the repairs that are required and ask for them to be dealt with urgently.

I can't stand LLs who don't maintain their properties decently. The bath should be covered by insurance if they have it.

Vulty Wed 02-Nov-16 14:26:36

I'm just so scared they go nuts over the bath! The carpet has ragged bits at the edges in some place too, the hoover caught a stray bit and ripped a big line in the carpet, I'm a nervous wreck! Apart from obvious repairs I have kept the place very clean and tidy.

baconandeggies Wed 02-Nov-16 17:04:44

It's not your fault... Do you deal directly with your LL or is it managed by an agent?

Vulty Wed 02-Nov-16 19:00:07

Am agent, who was nasty today again for the second time. Council paid my rent in on sat usually I pay it to the angency straight away but I have been really busy I said I'd get it to them tomorrow first thing. She went on and on and wouldn't accept this saying how saying how its due the 13th every month. I don't get it til the end of the month not much I can do. She then said just remember just because xmas is coming up still means you have to pay your rent. Wtf!? I am moving asap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now