Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think VTech hates parents and like to torment them?

(98 Posts)
Soubriquet Wed 02-Nov-16 13:01:42

Those bloody toot toot cars are driving me crazy!

So glad my mum gave me my brothers old lot so I didn't waste my money buying a whole new set now I know how annoying they are.

TeaPleaseLouise Wed 02-Nov-16 13:03:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StorminaBcup Wed 02-Nov-16 13:28:58

My mil bought the tractor. One was enough. Sadly the batteries didn't last very long I took them out and ds wasn't bothered about playing with it anymore.

I'm also dreading having to dig out the walker ("hello puppy come and play.."), aaaaagghhh!

QuoteMeYouFuckers Wed 02-Nov-16 13:42:50

We had an orange bear thing that didn't have an off switch. It used to randomly play it's song in the middle of the night. I can still hear the song now
🎼🎵🎶 I'm a friendly light up bear; I'll teach you 123; a sleepy, hungry, happy bear; hey come and hug me repeated ad infinitum. I took the batteries out and eventually threw it away.

DesignedForLife Wed 02-Nov-16 13:47:03

YANBU.

Quote, we had that bear. Couldn't figure out what it was singing though.

Someone gave us a ball that sang when rolled. If the kid walked away it would then play songs every couple of minutes for about half an hour to entice them back. Horrible thing.

nonline Wed 02-Nov-16 13:47:49

Beside the fact that they keep piping up if you don't turn them off, they don't rhyme. I can't help feeling some of the designers/composers just reeled off a few vaguely fun sounding phrases whilst drunk.

Soubriquet Wed 02-Nov-16 13:49:03

I bought my mum that bear for my brothers first Christmas

She's vowed revenge on me ever since grin

DixieWishbone Wed 02-Nov-16 13:49:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WotcherHarry Wed 02-Nov-16 13:49:51

Quoteme, I never could figure out what the bit before 123 was. Thanks!
I take the batteries out of any electronic toy that irritates me!

vvviola Wed 02-Nov-16 13:49:55

Quote we had a car that did similar. Except it did have an off switch - it just didn't seem to work.

I swear the thing was haunted. Frightened the life out of me once when I was downstairs late trying to finish a uni assignment.

BarryTheKestrel Wed 02-Nov-16 13:51:23

The ball, the walker, in fact everything they make is designed to torture you.

Dontpanicpyke Wed 02-Nov-16 13:53:20

quote you will never forget that rhyme will you? smile

Soubriquet Wed 02-Nov-16 13:53:41

No one at VTech is a parent

They can't be. They wouldn't inflict this on us if they were.

Yet everyone will reccomend the toot toot set.

Why?! Do we really hate each other like that?

LamppostInWinter Wed 02-Nov-16 13:59:50

I could never work that bear out, I thought he was a friendly Lycra bear grin

Mystery solved at last!

Sonotkylie Wed 02-Nov-16 14:00:08

Superglu in the speakers helps ... or a bit of screw driver surgery after bed time

DesignedForLife Wed 02-Nov-16 14:00:10

They are also pretty unscrupulous about sensitive data: www.google.co.uk/amp/www.csoonline.com/article/3035021/security/vtech-not-backing-down-on-terms-change-after-data-breach.amp.html

Don't tell them your address and kids names/ages for goodness sake. You're signing an agreement that's says it's not their fault if your data gets nicked and used by random hackers.

Hensintheskirting Wed 02-Nov-16 14:05:01

Hello puppy calling do you want to play with me? Clap your hands together while we learn your ABC.... ad infinitum.

QuoteMeYouFuckers Wed 02-Nov-16 14:08:58

That rhyme is burned into my brain and ds, who was given it for his first Christmas, is now nearly 6!

We also had the toot toot cars that didn't actually annoy me that much until their batteries were about to die and they got stuck on some sort of loop emergency, emergency, let's go and fight the emergency, emergency, let's go and fight the emergency, emergency, let's go and fight the and on and on until I went and switched it off. At least it had an off switch though!

I think all vtech stuff is haunted. A bit like that Annabelle doll.

Their kidizoom cameras are good though, I'll give them that.

QuoteMeYouFuckers Wed 02-Nov-16 14:09:56

Lycra bear gringrin

Soubriquet Wed 02-Nov-16 14:11:29

Ah we had one of those bears that you connect with your computer

My nan bought it for ds...

No computer!! So least we don't have to worry about data protection

QuoteMeYouFuckers Wed 02-Nov-16 14:12:31

I made that mistake designed. I signed up to their learning lodge to download a game for ds' camera and a few months later it was hacked. Luckily I'd not paid for anything or given them my debit card details.

Timeforabiscuit Wed 02-Nov-16 14:13:44

the animals have something to say dinky dinky dinky dink lion .... ROAR dinky dinky dinky dink spin again again!

FUCK OFF TO THE DEEPEST PITS OF HADES YOU FUCKING FUCK

God that toy was annoying.

Soubriquet Wed 02-Nov-16 14:14:47

I've got the bloody garage and I can't work out what's it's saying

"Something something traffic lights"

witchhazelblue Wed 02-Nov-16 14:17:28

I hated that walker. Even now it haunts me (DC is 6). The worst was when the battery would start to go and it sounded even more creepy.

Helloooooo puppy callllllling doooo you want to play with meeeee...

DangerousBeanz Wed 02-Nov-16 14:19:39

I told my DS that only father Christmas could supply the special batteries for the toys he brought. Months of silence after the original batteries died (were removed).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now