To feel a bit lonely

(20 Posts)
DontTouchTheMoustache Tue 01-Nov-16 00:08:41

I turned 30 5 minutes ago, but I'm all by myself. It's been a rough year, went from a successful career and a wonderful relationship to being a lone parent and having to give up my job due to MH issues. I toasted my birthday in with a bottle of prosecco (and 2 shots at midnight) and I'm just feeling a bit sad. It's not all bad, I have great friends and I'll be seeing one later...just having a bit of a wobble and will probably regret starting a self pitying thread after too much wine tomorrow

TisMeTheLadFromTheBar Tue 01-Nov-16 00:14:32

Happy Birthday. You've had your wobble -it's good to get that out of the way early on! Have a great day with your friend -lunch/shopping/dance the night away. This is going to be your year. Close the door on everything bad that has happened and make plans for your year ahead. Dream big, Aim high, You are going to kick ass! smile

Portolady85 Tue 01-Nov-16 00:16:40

Happy B'day and hey the only way is up from now on.cakewinegrin

DontTouchTheMoustache Tue 01-Nov-16 00:22:06

Thank you lovely people. I am trying to focus on all the positives in my life and make the most out of every day because actually there are lots of things I should be appreciating....I just need to remember that when I wake up!!

beelover Tue 01-Nov-16 00:23:37

Happy birthday, here's to a great year ahead for you flowerswinecakechocolate

BusyHomemaker Tue 01-Nov-16 00:25:44

Happy birthday! flowers

(We all wobble occasionally)

Lilacpink40 Tue 01-Nov-16 00:27:44

If you feel at the bottom it can feel amazing to go up.

Have a good, better, year cakeflowerswine

AlexaTwoAtT Tue 01-Nov-16 00:28:52

Happy Birthdaywinecakeflowerschocolatestar
Have a brilliant year!

dreamingofdahlias Tue 01-Nov-16 00:30:40

Happy birthday X

DontTouchTheMoustache Tue 01-Nov-16 00:32:38

This is why I ❤ and need MN

DontTouchTheMoustache Tue 01-Nov-16 00:33:14

I should probably top doing shots by myself though now

TisMeTheLadFromTheBar Tue 01-Nov-16 20:23:43

SURPRISE!! It's your Birthday Party Shindig
<Sticks on some 80's Rock music on Jukebox and shimmies over for the other guests to arrive>
Have you had a good day DontTouchTheMoustache? smile
cakebrew🎂🎉🎁

Wrinklytights Tue 01-Nov-16 21:14:17

Happy birthday!cakewineflowersstar

hesterton Tue 01-Nov-16 21:17:49

How are you feeling now, Don'touchthemoustache

MyPeriodFeatures Tue 01-Nov-16 21:19:56

Happy Birthday! You know what's awesome?! You can mark this alone, look at what you are leaving behind and what you've got ahead. Loads!

There's nowt wrong with you ! You are at a new beginning. Cheers!flowerswinecake

LittleWingSoul Tue 01-Nov-16 21:24:18

30 is just a number but I get your wobble! S'alright and I hope the shots helped and you've had a great day today cake Happy Birthday!

Foxysoxy01 Tue 01-Nov-16 21:24:52

starstarHappy Birthday!starstar

Have a marvellous year with new adventures and surprises!
This can be the start of your new adventure. smile

Pandakin Tue 01-Nov-16 22:00:14

Happy Birthday DontTouchTheMoustache! Everyone is allowed a wobble here and there, don't worry. I hope you had a fab day. flowers

DontTouchTheMoustache Tue 01-Nov-16 23:36:20

Awww you guys! I'm having a much nicer time than I expected cos my best friend stayed over and we are drinking prosecco and listening to classic Britney and I actually can't think of anything more fun than that. Tomorrow starts the next step and I'm getting rid of guiltand going to start appreciating all the actual God things and not just being a misery guts!

GettingitwrongHauntingatnight Tue 01-Nov-16 23:44:33

Happy Birthday flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now