Talk

Advanced search

To think the people who robbed my son are twants

(24 Posts)
Thefishewife Mon 31-Oct-16 20:35:08

Ds 16 got robbed of his bag and phone today on the way back from collage

Me and the girls sat down eating dinner ds was banging the window shouting mum let me in 😕

Open the door he was sweating crying said some chavs took his phone and bag

So I left him with the girls and ran over to the park what the fuck I thought I was going to do ringing the police all the while they told me to go back home

Police were really good took a statement off ds who was angery and shocked they said because the boys weren't known to ds it would be diffcult to find them as it's Halloween and there are loads of teens and kids out 😕

Going to go re buy all ds stuff for collage tomorrow and ring his personal tutor he has two assignments due Friday so he will need an extension of possible dh found a old phone he could have

He's sulking now because he's missing his army cadets Halloween party but I just don't think it's a good idea to go out tonight what if he sees them in the area

The whole things made me 😳🙁🙁🙁🙁

Thefishewife Mon 31-Oct-16 20:37:04

He only had his collage stuff in his bad and the bag is not even trendy these people are twants they robbed my son for what fucking cheap Windows phone and bloody collage work

leanback Mon 31-Oct-16 20:39:57

Does windows have something similar to apples 'find my phone'. Might be worth a quick google to see.

Thefishewife Mon 31-Oct-16 20:40:35

Dh changed the locks as well went b&q as soon as he got home ds keys were in the bag

Thefishewife Mon 31-Oct-16 20:42:11

No you have to register the phone before it can work gurr

leanback Mon 31-Oct-16 20:44:45

Hope he's okay and not too shaken up by it. Teenage boys are usually the most likely to be victims of street theft unfourtunatey.

chitofftheshovel Mon 31-Oct-16 20:45:38

They are fucking twats, what a low life thing to do. Only thing I can think to make it better is karma. Something shit will happen to them at some point. I really do believe in this. Is it too late for the Halloween party? Might be good for him to go (getting on a bike after falling off and all that).
Bastards.

Twogoats Mon 31-Oct-16 20:48:49

Yanbu

We should have much harsher sentences for theft/muggings

Thefishewife Mon 31-Oct-16 20:50:05

Now dh getting him self wound up has just said right not having this going to look for the fucking toe rags

And has just jumped in the car what should I do 😢

MoveItMoveItMoveIt Mon 31-Oct-16 20:50:09

That's really sad your poor DS I hope he's ok and not too shaken up.

ilovesooty Mon 31-Oct-16 20:51:45

What is your husband proposing to do in the unlikely event that he finds them?

Thefishewife Mon 31-Oct-16 20:52:20

No I don't thing ds being out late at night for a party is really wise just in case he did happen upon then

Think that would end worse then what's already happened thing is it was bloody 5.20 when this happened what's gone wrong in a young persons life when your robbing Somone at 5 in the afternoon

Late at night you more expecting somthing like that but not at frigging tea time

Thefishewife Mon 31-Oct-16 20:53:29

poster ilovesooty Mon 31-Oct-16 20:51:45
What is your husband proposing to do in the unlikely event that he finds them?

Exactly 😕 And the bloody door keeps going with trick or treaters

JellyBelli Mon 31-Oct-16 20:53:55

That sucks. Is there any CCTV cameras near where he was mugged? If he knows the time, it may catch them walking to or from that street, at least the police would have a description.
I hope he's OK and not too shocked.

ilovesooty Mon 31-Oct-16 20:55:12

I meant if your son doesn't know them your husband's unlikely to identify them anyway.
He's not helping is he?

Thefishewife Mon 31-Oct-16 21:00:10

I love sooty

I totally agree with you

Dh is back now thinks it's the same ones in the park now but there's no way to say 100% as they had there faces covered

savedbythebell Mon 31-Oct-16 21:14:41

Aren't there some nasty little sods about. I have young grandsons, I worry so much about stuff like this when they grow up. I can't bear the thought of anyone hurting them.

bettytaghetti Mon 31-Oct-16 21:15:30

Can you check any bins nearby as they may have dumped the bag? Worth checking to get his college stuff back. Hope your son is okay.

SpunkyMummy Mon 31-Oct-16 21:16:15

First of all: yes, they're twits. That's just terrible sad

A friend of mine has a brother that was robbed and threatened with a knife and assaulted after he gave them everything he had... (he was probably 16 as well, back them). Terrible stuff. sad

However:
He's sulking now because he's missing his army cadets Halloween party but I just don't think it's a good idea to go out tonight what if he sees them in the area

you're obviously trying to protect him. But isn't this a bit like punishing him for what happened?(obviously not what you're trying to do).

Couldn't you drive him? Give him cab money? DS was crying and shaking, maybe it's better if he goes out and doesn't dwell too much. Plus, I imiagine it's a bit like riding. If you flak you have to get up again...

BastardGoDarkly Mon 31-Oct-16 21:17:30

Ring 101 get them to check the kids in the park out, I take it DS gave them a description?

Poor kid sad

SpunkyMummy Mon 31-Oct-16 21:18:13

Uhm, my comment... that's not just bad spelling, that doesn't even make sense. (Seriously, my iPad does the weirdest things)

*I imagine it's a bit like riding. you have to get up again after a fall...

youarenotkiddingme Mon 31-Oct-16 21:20:39

angry some right fucking twats about who have no respect or consideration for others.

Was the phone insured? If it's any help DS has 'upgraded' to my old phone as I've just had upgrade. So have a windows phone (orange colour Nokia one on vodaphone) knocking about if you want it.

It must be a shitty phone too as wasn't worth anything on the send your phone back deal when I asked grin (Nokia 635 I think it is)

Thefishewife Mon 31-Oct-16 21:23:39

Ahh so sweet of you thanks dh had a old work phone laying about not as fancy of ds phone I think he's gutted about his photos from his DofE Ect

And all the photos from his army cadets Ect

So I am off to town tomorrow to get a SIM card and new collage stuff

Chanatan Mon 31-Oct-16 21:34:51

not sure as havent used my windows phone for ages but arent photos uploaded to "one drive" therefore if he could log into one drive from a pc,tablet or another phone he might be able to retreive the photos.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now