To think that fireworks shouldn't be set off in residential areas every night before 5th November

(16 Posts)
Sparky321 Mon 31-Oct-16 19:20:44

For the past week everynight somewhere in my local area fireworks have been set off. It's especially annoying when you have a 2 year old who is a light sleeper. The last 2 nights they have been set off past 10pm. Am I being unreasonable to think that its better to go to a display on or around the 5th November instead?

PeachBellini123 Mon 31-Oct-16 19:25:46

I suppose it depends where you live but we live in an area where there's a large Asian population so lots of fireworks going off in celebration of Diwali.

gillybeanz Mon 31-Oct-16 19:26:35

They started here last week and will finally finish on Jan 2nd.
Occasionally, we'll go a couple of nights with just one lot, maybe a birthday celebration, but pretty constant otherwise.
YABU to think that it's only linked to Nov 5th. grin

Sorry, not very helpful, I know it's a pain.

MummyLikesWrapMusic Mon 31-Oct-16 19:31:26

I really want fireworks banned - bar public events. They are a horrible, dangerous, nuisance angry. Where I live, it's been known to start in October and not stop most nights until into January. Absolutely awful!

zoobaby Mon 31-Oct-16 19:42:03

Diwali. We love it here despite the serious near misses and health and safety breeches.

BackforGood Mon 31-Oct-16 19:52:39

Many Diwalli celebrations here.
I love fireworks.
My dc have always live watching them out of the window.

oblada Mon 31-Oct-16 19:54:54

Ban fireworks! Except public events! They drive my dog crazy sad

plnswn Mon 31-Oct-16 20:21:30

Neighbours of one of my colleagues had a party last night and lit fireworks. One of them landed on some leaves next to wheelie bins at side of her house, all up in smoke, colleague woken at 1.30 this morning by fire brigade, her conservatory is totally gone now. People don't realise how dangerous they can be

Trifleorbust Mon 31-Oct-16 20:21:56

I think there should be a much more reasonable latest time: maybe 7-8pm. That way people can still enjoy them but others can still get their kids to sleep.

sonlypuppyfat Mon 31-Oct-16 20:24:57

I love them I think people's enjoyment is more important than a dog . But I think you should definitely have a cut off point say around nine for children to get to sleep

MarchEliza2 Mon 31-Oct-16 20:29:53

My OH has lost 2 cats over the years due to fireworks. I make sure they can't go out when there's fireworks.

I hate people letting off bangers in the streets or tiny gardens. They should only be available for planned events.

How sad that some selfish people believe the minuscule thrill they get from letting off a firework is worth more than the wellbeing of animals and people.

MothertotheLordsofmisrule Mon 31-Oct-16 20:42:43

Walking back home with Ds2 from T & T to see someone let off a rocket from their car at one of the houses opposite and then drive off.

Hopefully just a one off fit of stupidity and not going to be a regular occurance for the next few monthssad

weresquirrel Mon 31-Oct-16 21:14:58

They are being let off for Diwali not Bonfire Night!

PinkSwimGoggles Mon 31-Oct-16 21:17:52

yanbu
private fireworks should not be allowed. full stop.

JellyBelli Mon 31-Oct-16 21:20:53

YANBU. They are let off in the street for weeks where I live.

user1471545174 Mon 31-Oct-16 21:35:10

Overuse has made them boring. I used to look forward to Bonfire Night (Catholic family, before anyone mentions it) but use in summer festivals, Hallowe'en, Diwali, Bonfire Night, Christmas and New Year has killed the love.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now