Talk

Advanced search

AIBU To Ask for Hair Help ?

(12 Posts)
EtTuTuttiFrutti Mon 31-Oct-16 18:50:10

I haven't had short hair for over 40 years (anyone remember the Purdy cut??), but I'm having the chop tomorrow.

I have a fat round face (buckets of steroids); no cheek bones anymore, and my hair has a tendency to be curly. I also have problems with my right arm, so styling is a problem, but being honest, I was shit with that before anyway.

I only have to live with it for about 3 weeks, but I need suggestions for a hair syle that doesn't make me look like a Tweedle Dum twin grin

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Mon 31-Oct-16 19:27:09

Something like this? Would a bob work or would that be too long?

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Mon 31-Oct-16 19:28:23

Short curls like that wouldn't need much 'styling' just the right products.

What's happening in three weeks?

EtTuTuttiFrutti Mon 31-Oct-16 19:31:54

Ohhh. That looks nice Felicia, but without cheek bones would I look a bit like a Brillo pad ?

I wanted to go a bit shorter than a bob, as I want to donate my hair to the Little Princess Trust, and also, from a psychological point of view, I don't want to see longer hair in the plug hole when it starts shedding.

But I do want something classy and a bit trendy, but for a fat bird grin

EtTuTuttiFrutti Mon 31-Oct-16 19:33:19

Sorry blush didn't say. Starting chemo this week and expecting to lose my hair in 2/3 weeks.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Mon 31-Oct-16 19:36:31

Tutti, you'll look brill !😄
So very brave, and lovely of you to donate your hair, to the Little Princess Trust.
I say go for it, chubby chops, or not !

pugsake Mon 31-Oct-16 19:37:39

Sorry EtTu that sucks. flowers

My mams grew back really quick early this year. It's all curly and soft after being straight for years.

I'm sure I've read it can grow back different colours.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Mon 31-Oct-16 19:38:21

Tutti, I'm sorry to hear that, stay in touch with us please. 💐

EtTuTuttiFrutti Mon 31-Oct-16 19:39:40

When I go bald, I'm going to look like Humpty Dumpty's twin sister grin grin

I gave my hair a last hoorah and had it dyed "exciting" colours. My DD says I look like that well known savoury bacon snack, The Frazzle.
Those poor children.

Cary2012 Mon 31-Oct-16 19:49:14

Go for a pixie, with longer fringe and softer wispy longer bits at the neck.

Wash, towel dry, rub some spritzer gel through it, leave it to dry. Sorted.

Good luck with your treatment. When my friend's hair grew back, it was straight, and she'd had masses of curls before, like a new head of hair.

EtTuTuttiFrutti Mon 31-Oct-16 19:55:11

I've pasted and printed exactly what you've written Cary. I'm useless with hairdressers and just needed to have a plan.
It'll be interesting to see how it grows back.
Over on Lacies (the cancer thread), we have lacies sporting "Bog Brush Badger" "Ronald McDonald" on a bad hair day and all sorts. grin grin

Just bloody relieved to actually getting to chemo.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Mon 31-Oct-16 23:37:14

Hope the treatment goes well and the hair looks good flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now