Talk

Advanced search

What can I do to stop people littering in my alley way

(10 Posts)
SamhainSoubriquet Mon 31-Oct-16 18:35:40

Please excuse the picture...its crap I know grin

We have a walled front garden.. Well I say garden buts its like a little concrete veranda type thing. It goes around the house until it gets the large fenced off area for the back garden. It's directly against the pedestrian path

We are finding beer cans and rubbish on a daily basis shoved in the alley. There was even a car door once confused

It's a pain in the arse. Worse we keep smelling wee and now think people are urinating over the wall (it's a low wall)

What can I do? I can't make the wall any bigger. It's a rented house and it would block all light if I did anyway.

SamhainSoubriquet Mon 31-Oct-16 18:55:05

Is my alley doomed for litter for ever more?

RoseDore Mon 31-Oct-16 18:56:34

I'd grow some sort of hedge around it or fence it.

SamhainSoubriquet Mon 31-Oct-16 19:42:29

Hedge won't work. It's all concrete. No place to put soil.

Fence would work...but again it would block all the light in the front room

YouTheCat Mon 31-Oct-16 19:43:45

Small fence with trellis?

SamhainSoubriquet Mon 31-Oct-16 19:45:28

Possible. Though the Gits would probably still post their rubbish trough. Would stop the pissing though

NattyTile Mon 31-Oct-16 20:33:52

Bamboo screen?

Madbengalmum Mon 31-Oct-16 20:36:43

Vertilap fence. No holes to put rubbish in, and more privacy for you.

Slackalice42 Mon 31-Oct-16 20:37:18

What about one of those solar powered motion activated lights? Wouldn't that put people off peeing? Maybe accompanied by a fake cctv sign?

nogrip Mon 31-Oct-16 20:42:02

Yep, sticl a motion activated light up and make sure its pointed towards aa large sign saying 'please do not piss over or on our wall' Or maybe something that doesn't say piss (wee?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now