Talk

Advanced search

Lack of sanitary signposting in sainsburys

(11 Posts)
Sparklefloof Mon 31-Oct-16 17:45:14

Hi all, this is my first thread on mumsnet so go easy on me!

I was in Sainsburys in Whitechapel today and spent forever looking for sanitary pads until I finally found them (and tampons etc) in the baby food, baby toiletries and nappies aisle hmm

AIBU to expect there to be proper signposting (there's a men's toiletries section) or is this just a sainsburys thing, is this normal everywhere? I've only thought about it now!

Ifailed Mon 31-Oct-16 17:48:11

It is usually well sign-posted in Sainsbury's, maybe just a local fail?

LouisvilleLlama Mon 31-Oct-16 17:58:34

I'd say a local fail, very long aisles so can't signpost everything, I think having it next to the baby items is a little misguided And can see why some may comment on it, i don't see too much issue but some may go into overdrive

MackerelOfFact Mon 31-Oct-16 18:03:07

Things tend to get plonked in weird places when they rearrange the store to make space for Xmas ranges etc. It's probably just that. The Whitechapel store is a bit of a maze at the best of times from what I remember!

I thought this was going to be a thread about the euphemistic shelf labels they use - 'intimate care' or some such bollocks.

InvasionOfTheBodyShatners Mon 31-Oct-16 18:07:07

Seasonal aisles play havoc with store layouts. I don't think Sainsbury's ever deliberately hide the ladies' necessaries.

issynoho Mon 31-Oct-16 18:10:39

I am reminded of this mother-daughter text conversation: www.scarymommy.com/mom-daughter-tampon-text-exchange-goes-viral-belinda-hankins/

LouisvilleLlama Mon 31-Oct-16 18:17:16

Issy I thought it was interesting but gotta say after the asking of putting it online it felt fake and a bit put on sad

issynoho that is brilliant, I think it should be labelled 'the vagina zone' grin

JosephineMaynard Mon 31-Oct-16 18:26:10

The toiletry signposting in general in our local Tesco's are terrible.

All the other aisles have overhead signs swinging about saying "meat" "cheese" "cereal" or whatever.

All the toiletry aisles have no overhead signs at all, just signs along the top of the shelves that you can't read unless you're already walking down the aisle and are close enough to see the products already. It's really annoying.

issynoho Mon 31-Oct-16 19:14:35

louisville Eh?

LouisvilleLlama Mon 31-Oct-16 19:20:46

From the have you met me bit, I dunno it just felt staged, from a funny little exchange to oh gotta show we're feminist!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now