AIBU to feel deeply disappointed by "The Book" from Waitrose and John Lewis

(11 Posts)
LittleMissMarker Mon 31-Oct-16 17:38:11

When the package came through the door I expected a catalogue full of nice food and Christmas presents with money-off vouchers for Waitrose and John Lewis loyalty card holders. Perfect timing. Instead I got 80 pages of thick cardboardy paper covered with expensively produced pretentious twaddle. I buy a lot in John Lewis and Waitrose because I am very boring and middle class and I do not give a monkeys what any of the up-themselves tossers in this "book" do, think or make, or where they go on holiday or what they eat or anything else.

"The myWaitrose team" who sent this dross have invited me to sign in to some website for more "original content". No chance, that was more than enough already.

Vulgarlady Mon 31-Oct-16 17:58:15

I feel exactly the same. What a waste of very expensive paper and printing. I flicked through it and put it straight in the recycling.

TheCatsBiscuits Mon 31-Oct-16 18:08:10

Oooh. Is this John Lewis/Waitrose trying to grab themselves a tiny piece of the Booths Christmas Book glory? It won't work. Booths FTW! #CumbriaNotUmbria #PrestonNotHeston

FasterThanASnakeAndAMongoose Mon 31-Oct-16 18:24:36

Mine is already returning to sender. I get enough junk mail as it is.

Chottie Mon 31-Oct-16 18:29:50

I received one too. I'm not really sure why.......... confused

LittleMissMarker Mon 31-Oct-16 18:50:01

DH says there's an article in there called "The Vitality of Water".

FFS.

Chikara Mon 31-Oct-16 18:53:10

I agree. I got it today too and thought exactly the same. Disappointing.

Marylou2 Mon 31-Oct-16 18:53:18

Nothing beats the Booths Christmas book.

HereIAm20 Mon 31-Oct-16 19:40:06

Disappointing to say the list.

All a bit too pretentious. I just wanted money off vouchers too! I wonder how much they cost to produce and send (£1-2?) I'll have a £2 voucher next year please.

Pootles2010 Mon 31-Oct-16 19:43:16

No it was crap! It is unfair to compare with booths Christmas book though - nothing will ever be that good.

autumnintheair Mon 31-Oct-16 20:20:05

arf at pootles.

I thought it was un inspiring utter crap too! I couldn't even understand it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now