Anyone else glad to see the back of 2016..?

(30 Posts)
Namechangenumber10 Mon 31-Oct-16 07:38:10

It's been a truly horrendous year and I am already feeling desperate for New Year's Eve to arrive so we can see it off and try to put it behind us.

Anyone else feeling like this? I've had shit years before, but nothing quite this shit. Feels like it's been going on forever.

Mungobungo Mon 31-Oct-16 07:39:28

Yes! Me

This year has been horrific for everyone I know it seems, including me and my family. Can't wait for it to be over ASAP!

oggieoggie Mon 31-Oct-16 07:40:27

Yes 100% this year has been bad!
So many deaths and uncertainty I cannot wait!
I hope all the bad energy goes with it too!

DefinitelyNotAJourno Mon 31-Oct-16 07:41:45

2016 has been shit, but I think 2017 and 2018 are going to be utterly miserable when article 50 is signed. I don't think we are prepared for the world of hurt coming.

Mindtrope Mon 31-Oct-16 07:41:52

Sorry you have had a tough year OP.

This year has been one of the happiest in my life though.

BIWI Mon 31-Oct-16 07:44:34

Absolutely. Quite apart from the number of high profile deaths, we've lost both my DF and my DFIL this year. sad

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 31-Oct-16 07:45:05

Yes, but sadly I don't think 2017 is going to be any better

ThroughThickAndThin01 Mon 31-Oct-16 07:45:07

My 2016 has been good. Sorry you've had a tough one OP. Hope you have a great 2017.

We've had a few problems come up this year but managed to work through them and it's all going well.

graphista Mon 31-Oct-16 07:47:18

Yes, worst for 10 years for me. Can't wait to see back of it, unfortunately definitely and five are probably right too.

Thefitfatty Mon 31-Oct-16 07:48:07

Yes!!! So far this year I've lost my best friend, two young cousins, and two cats. My job is totally up in the air thanks to a merger, my DH's car is shot and we can't afford a new one, and now things are going generally pear shaped with some friends. I'm done with 2016!

DontTouchTheMoustache Mon 31-Oct-16 07:49:05

Worst year of my life, get it over with!

MrsLion Mon 31-Oct-16 07:49:31

Sorry you had a shit year op. 2014 was my shit year. I remember thinking on nye that 2014 could just fuck right off.
It's been getting better slowly but surely since then. onwards and upwards for you too.

Crankycunt Mon 31-Oct-16 07:50:35

Yeah, this year has been a shower of shit. And I can't wait for it to be over.

Bring on 2017.

donajimena Mon 31-Oct-16 07:52:34

2014 was my shit year. This year has also been the happiest of my life. I hope you have a better one next year and to all of you that have had a horrible one I wish you a better one too.

travellinglighter Mon 31-Oct-16 07:57:49

I’ll tell you after November the 8th. I think if we have a US president called Trump then I suspect that 2017 won’t be much fun.

Runny Mon 31-Oct-16 07:58:42

Yes, it's been a shit year for me as well. Lost a close family member. Although I'm equally as cocnerned about what will happen next year with the whole Brexit.

Littlewoo Mon 31-Oct-16 08:04:27

2016 can jog on, worst year ever.
Don't think I can take any more bad news, it seems to be never ending for my family at the moment. Most of my friends are having a terrible year too, can't wait to see the back of it.
Good riddance 2016 and take your all your horrible news with you

Beatsretreats Mon 31-Oct-16 08:11:28

Shitty year here too. Relationship breakdowns, a babies death, redundancies, everyone I know has had a shitty year

BalthazarImpresario Mon 31-Oct-16 08:15:35

Since last September it's been shit but we have more shit coming next year, personally the changing of the years mean nothing to me in regards of how things are, in learning to just enjoy the calm period before it all goes off again.

Frouby Mon 31-Oct-16 08:16:40

Shit here too.

Thought it was bad earlier on it the year when 2 companies went bankrupt owing us around 15k we could not afford to lose. A few niggly bits.

Then my dsis was diagnosed with thyroid cancer, my mums health is deteriorating and my bil is currently in ICU after a massive heart attack and has pneumonia.

2016 can fuck the fucking fuck off.

CozyAutumn Mon 31-Oct-16 09:11:00

Me. I've just felt so ill all the way through it caused by stress, depression, anxiety and severe lack of sleep sad. My children are going through a very difficult age stage and I hope that next year when they are a year older it will be easier.

I've also had to be part of THREE weddings this year and I've had to find the strength to do that. I could have done without them happening and its felt like a massive chunk of this year has revolved around these weddings.

Softkitty2 Mon 31-Oct-16 09:36:55

Yes. Its been so horrible. One of the most devastating thing that can happen to us as a family has happened and i'm so over this year. Praying for a better 2017.

P.s

Some people are evil and make it their business to make sure others are miserable and have no remorse in ruining lives. Its sad that those people in our lives call themselves 'family'.

RortyCrankle Mon 31-Oct-16 09:46:40

It has been a bit of a mixed year - sad that so many well known people have died this year, happy that we finally got the referendum and achieved the right result.

moonfacebaby Mon 31-Oct-16 09:46:44

I've not had a good year since 2011.

I've become accustomed to everything being a bit shit so I'm hoping that 2017 might be the year for me.

The past 4 years have involved exH affair, marriage breakdown, divorce, exH being an utter shit, FIL getting MND & dying within a year, car accident for SIL, job nightmares, illness, BIL being diagnosed with cancer & dying 4 months later. A relationship broke up & boy, did I love that man. I still have job uncertainty hanging over me & having to deal with a very manipulative exH tends to grind me down.

I'm doing my best to focus on the positives in my life & trying to be grateful for what I do have.

I've lost so much I've almost become numb to it. I've kept going, as I have no choice.

I would love for 2017 to be a good year - boring & uneventful would do me.

growinganotherhead Mon 31-Oct-16 10:56:45

2016 has been very 'eventful'; redundancy after 20+ years LA, cancer diagnosis within a week of said redundancy meaning several weeks in hospital were the pinnacle (or do I mean depth?). My husbands car hit from behind at a crossing by a very unapologetic 4x4 driver closely followed by a badly leaking flat roof.
In fairness, the cancer has been successfully treated, car insurance settled and roof replaced, however, 2017 will be very welcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now