Talk

Advanced search

Feeling Pressured

(8 Posts)
MummyIsAFreeElf Mon 31-Oct-16 02:52:15

I am feeling like my partner is putting way too much pressure on me to DTD. We have just had our third little one. She's only 13 weeks but was 5.5 weeks premature (thankfully has had no issues). She is ebf. My other two children are 5 and 21 months. I am a sahm and am exhausted all the time (obviously). I am starting to get really pissed off with my oh as he is putting a lot of pressure on me to dtd but says he isn't and is happy to wait until I am ready. He keeps going on about how he is earning brownie points by getting up with older dc on his days off work to let me catch up on some much needed sleep. Also constantly sending me links to how beneficial it is for him to dtd atleast once a week and gets very grumpy when I shrug off his advances. AIBU for not wanting to do anything yet and getting annoyed with his (what seems like) constant pressure?
I don't know if I'm being overly sensitive or not

Haggisfish Mon 31-Oct-16 03:25:54

Yanbu. What a wanker. We didn't dtd for a year when I was bf!! Bf often causes a reduction in libido and vaginal dryness, neither of which helps.

Haggisfish Mon 31-Oct-16 03:26:21

What was he like with other dc?

Fluffsnuts Mon 31-Oct-16 03:27:37

Yanbu and he's being a Dick.

abbsismyhero Mon 31-Oct-16 04:11:55

Send him a link back about sexual abuse?

MummyIsAFreeElf Mon 31-Oct-16 10:35:51

I don't really remember what he was like after ds, but he was a bit of a dick after dd1. She was an emcs and a troubled pregnancy. She had a low birth weight and cluster fed for the full 4 months she was ebf. We went through a real rough patch after her birth. I asked him to leave when she was a few months old and it seemed to make him wise up. He became more supportive and started to do his fair share of child care and house hold tasks. He's been brilliant from it aside from this pressure to dtd and making me feel bad about not wanting to

AdoraBell Mon 31-Oct-16 10:40:24

Second sending a link re sexual abuse, also emotional abuse. Oh, and links explaining what the word 'parent' means, and ask if he is a parent or not?

MummyIsAFreeElf Mon 31-Oct-16 12:29:22

I've had to bombard him with links to get him to back off regarding bf as he was being a nightmare over the frequency of feeds and how demanding it can be and it seemed to get him to stfu sending links re sexual abuse might be a way forward. Thanks 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now