London and Surrey boarding!.,.

(8 Posts)
Lifeisallhahahehe Sun 30-Oct-16 23:26:26

Hi All
Am on the 11+ girls and co Ed threads but do not see one for boarding (yes I know it is controversial).....
Just looking for recommendations of schools offering weekly boarding for an academic sporty DC.
Reachable from London!

AveEldon Mon 31-Oct-16 21:11:29

Girls or Boys?

toobusytothink Mon 31-Oct-16 21:15:57

Queenswood near Hatfield? Don't know it personally but meant to be great for sport, especially hockey, and is proper weekly boarding which is quite rare I think.

LIZS Mon 31-Oct-16 21:19:05

Are you looking for 2017 11+ entry? If so registrations may have already closed or be closing imminently. Any particular sport? Epsom might be worth looking at, St Catherine's Bramley.

IdaDown Mon 31-Oct-16 21:41:57

Haileybury near Hatfield. Co-ed.

Wycombe Abbey, High Wycombe. Girls only.

Oundle, Northamptonshire. Co-ed.

Uppingham, Rutland. Co-ed. Might be termly boarding.

Auntpodder Mon 31-Oct-16 21:42:56

Woldingham in Surrey? Not sure how sporty it is, but it has a good reputation and the train from London stops halfway down the (very long) drive.

Lifeisallhahahehe Tue 08-Nov-16 21:53:38

Apologies for delay in reply.
Co ed would be ideal...
Thankyou for recommendations but due to madness with 11+ I may have missed some deadlines!

CoraPirbright Wed 09-Nov-16 10:09:36

The problem you may have is that many of the co-ed boarding schools started life as old fashioned boys public schools and will therefore have a 13 entry. You may have to put him into a trad prep school to bridge that awkward 11-13 gap.

Academic and sporty - have a look at Wellington (weekly boarding in effect). Also Bradfield, Stowe and Marlborough although these are not weekly so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now