Talk

Advanced search

To ask if there is a saving thread on here?

(12 Posts)
GardenGeek Sun 30-Oct-16 15:27:14

I want to hear other posters stories of their savings journey and too find a place where we can all egg each other on to save save save.

Anyone know of any established threads on MN?

I cant seem to find any, but I am sure they exist somewhere.

Grumpyoldblonde Sun 30-Oct-16 15:29:08

I'd be happy to join you, maybe in investments or money section?

GardenGeek Sun 30-Oct-16 16:05:58

I am still looking, cant seem to find anything. I will make one if their isn't one and we can be the pioneers smile

I was just hoping someone already had formed an established group of knowledgable MNetters grin

GardenGeek Sun 30-Oct-16 16:32:13

Haha I just found one from 2012

Maybe their isn't one!

What are you saving for grumpy?

Toasterwaffle Sun 30-Oct-16 16:46:56

Maybe not quite a 'saving' thread but come join us on the frugaleers thread in the credit crunch section for general money saving chat brew

SillySongsWithLarry Sun 30-Oct-16 16:51:16

We can start a savings thread. I paid off all my debts this year and now save a lot what I was spending on debts. It adds up very quickly. I will have enough saved for a new bathroom in 2 years and new kitchen 3 years after that. It will be great to pay for them out of savings.

Grumpyoldblonde Sun 30-Oct-16 18:01:49

I'm saving for a new house, I want my forever home in a new town, ambitious plans but determined smile

GardenGeek Sun 30-Oct-16 18:23:30

Ooo me too grumpy I am saving for house too; FTB for me.

Thank you toaster, I will head over and check it out grin

Very exciting silly, glad you are out of the debts and now onto those home improvements. Woop Wooop !

<just off to find the frugaleers thread, will post here when I find it>

Then we can decide if the frugaleers is sufficient or whether we need to have a saving specific cheerleading thread.

Grumpyoldblonde Sun 30-Oct-16 18:28:21

A shiny new savings thread soundo good, happy to start onearly tomorrow or follow you over. Sorry for typos am in a car!

GardenGeek Sun 30-Oct-16 18:30:04

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/credit_crunch/2766470-BOO-The-Freaky-Frugaleers-prepare-for-Halloween-and-beyond-All-welcome?watched=1

Here we go, they do seem very well established bunch, and they do seem to go through threads quickly grin

GardenGeek Sun 30-Oct-16 18:35:42

Go for it grumpy
I will definitely join you!
See you on there grin

Grumpyoldblonde Sun 30-Oct-16 18:36:59

Ok see you in money tomorrow! The journey begins.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now