Talk

Advanced search

Who is BU?

(7 Posts)
pfrench Sat 29-Oct-16 23:06:49

Just been away for 5 days with my 2 year old, leaving boyf at home with 2 small jobs to do (total time probably 90 minutes), that can only be done when no child around. He texted earlier this evening to say he hasn't done the jobs because 'the day got away from me'. Furious.

I've just driven 3 and a half hours home, getting in at 10.30. Lights are on upstairs in our bedroom, I get daughter into bed and to sleep. Come back down to empty the car before going to bed. Pop to loo, come out and boyf is lying on the sofa.. slurs at me all leery 'come and give me a snog'.

I said I wanted to empty the car, go back to bed I'll be up in 5. Cue him getting all pissy. I suggested he judge the situation slightly better, ie the front door is still open, why didn't he shut it on the way past for example, or maybe not lying on the sofa watching me empty car and put stuff away in fridge, but get up and help... maybe not be a dick

He's stumbled off to bed mumbling about he could be the best boyfriend ever and that still wouldn't be enough. I'm sort of amused... probably shouldn't be...

onemorecupofcoffeefortheroad Sat 29-Oct-16 23:21:30

YANBU

nellypledge16 Sat 29-Oct-16 23:25:34

Definitely not you!

Chewingthecrud Sat 29-Oct-16 23:28:50

And he is your boy friend because?
So he didn't actually get up to welcome you home, didn't unload the car whilst you dealt with your daughter, or offer to make you a cuppa or run you a bath?

Sounds a real catch OP

pfrench Sat 29-Oct-16 23:34:40

Apparently he 'waited up'. I've never witnessed him going to bed before 10.30.

When I came and got into bed he started saying Norfolk toast over and over again. Think maybe drunker than I first thought. doesn't stop him just also being a dick

NauseousKitty Sat 29-Oct-16 23:48:52

So he knew you were coming home and got hammered? Not the welcome home I would want. You are not being unreasonable - tell him to stay on the bl**dy sofa!

ijustwannadance Sat 29-Oct-16 23:55:28

What. A. Cock.

He had 5 days to do the jobs too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now