Talk

Advanced search

to find it depressing...

(6 Posts)
Wheredidallthejaffacakesgo Sat 29-Oct-16 21:24:13

That out of a highly developed nation of 260 million people, the two candidates in the final of the competition to be president are Trump and Clinton? I look at the situation over there and think "those two can't really be the best America has got?" I know dozens of Americans, none of whom avoid federal tax for years, set up dodgy private email servers, treat women like objects. How can the result of all the primaries, the grass-roots campaigns, the debates be these two? It's depressing. We don't have a fantastic choice in this country (Ed Miliband vs David Cameron, May vs Corbyn) but it doesn't seem quite so bad.

An

HereIAm20 Sat 29-Oct-16 21:34:14

It's very depressing and scary!

Manumission Sat 29-Oct-16 21:35:55

I can't think of a modern electoral system that produces 'the best' that a country has got. Media saturation militates against it.

marvelousdcomics Sat 29-Oct-16 21:40:34

Yanbu! It's very scary and depressing to think about.

LockedOutOfMN Sat 29-Oct-16 21:43:19

Agree with you, OP.

We live in Spain which has had no government since December and life goes on as ever...

ShoesieQ Sat 29-Oct-16 22:28:24

I do of course realise that Trump is an arsehat of the highest order,but really don't get why people think Hilary is even close to as being as bad.

So while I don't think YABU, if we look at our own leaders I really think it's a case of pot and kettle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now