DH has given the dog a raw bone!

(40 Posts)
Onehellofaride Fri 28-Oct-16 23:59:06

He has let him wander round the house with it rubbing it everywhere. DH will not touch raw meat (rightly) without washing his hands yet he is so bloody stupid that he has let the dog go everywhere rubbing one on all surfaces! What the hell do I do to clean now?!

elephantoverthehill Sat 29-Oct-16 00:01:10

Set fire to the house and run to the hills.

Coconutty Sat 29-Oct-16 00:03:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cherrysoup Sat 29-Oct-16 00:03:36

Spray dettol? Dunno, my lot are raw fed, but we confine them to the kitchen and steam clean floors. Careful not to give weight bearing bones eg leg bones from cows, they're likely to break teeth.

Cherrysoup Sat 29-Oct-16 00:04:17

PS don't use Savlon liquid, it's toxic to dogs.

Onehellofaride Sat 29-Oct-16 00:07:17

DDog is a bloody chihuahua he does not need raw bones! The bone was bloody massive yet he's managed to get it on to at least 3 beds! (I have found remnants!) I am unreasonably pissed off about it.

FadedRed Sat 29-Oct-16 00:12:02

Why are you cleaning up? That should be your DH's job IMO.

HarrietSchulenberg Sat 29-Oct-16 00:12:54

I feel your pain. Gave The Hound of The Schulenbergs a stinky raw bone for Christmas and ushered him into the garden to enjoy it. He sneaked it back in and smeared it EVERYWHERE. Hairy git.

Onehellofaride Sat 29-Oct-16 00:13:54

Tomorrow is my cleaning day coupled with the fact I have quite a few friends round. Problem is I can't see exactly where he has been with it. envy (sick)

BrianCoxWithBellsOn Sat 29-Oct-16 00:14:11

Most disinfectants are toxic to dogs.

When you send "D"H to get some disinfectant, make sure it's safe around animals.

Cherrysoup Sat 29-Oct-16 00:14:58

Nothing wrong with giving raw bones to dogs, but I'd suggest tips of chicken wings, chicken necks etc for a chi. At least you know what they're getting!

BillyDaveysDaughter Sat 29-Oct-16 00:16:21

I had a try at feeding my terrier raw once. She snuck a huge beef bone past me, took it upstairs and buried under DH's pillow.

elephantoverthehill Sat 29-Oct-16 00:17:42

I think it is really lovely that the chihuahua has gone all 'animal and wild' and wants to share its bounty with the occupants of the beds. It's a bit like when my cat gets some scraps eg steak scraps and becomes growly and posessive.

Onehellofaride Sat 29-Oct-16 00:18:02

Think I need to chill slightly I'm convinced we're all going to wake up with salmonella grin

WorraLiberty Sat 29-Oct-16 00:18:13

Meh! Just avoid licking the surfaces and beds in your house.

Onehellofaride Sat 29-Oct-16 00:18:57

The chihuahua thinks he is the size of a bear! But he's soft as shit grin

DailyMailPenisPieces Sat 29-Oct-16 00:19:55

Yeah, stick it under your DH's pillow - he won't make that mistake again grin.

Dogs can be gross creatures, I'm not really sure why we love them so much!

IMissGrannyW Sat 29-Oct-16 00:22:27

There aren't enough committed cleaners on MN.

Onehellofaride Sat 29-Oct-16 00:23:23

Me neither! I'm tempted to bleach the house from top to bottom and make them both sleep in the garden until at least new year.

elephantoverthehill Sat 29-Oct-16 00:23:44

Onehellofaride you are correct. You need to chill. Unless you wash your dog's paws after every walk and allow said dog into bedrooms, there will be far more bacteria/germs etc around the house than from those of a bone.

TyneTeas Sat 29-Oct-16 00:24:04

It may be your day for the regular cleaning.

But this isn't regular cleaning.

This is a job caused by someone else.

Therefore the job is the someone else's job.

bumsexatthebingo Sat 29-Oct-16 00:39:21

Clean what you can see and spray Dettol around liberally. You will live.

MissBeehiving Sat 29-Oct-16 00:51:39

TBH, it could be worse, our smallest chihuahua brings in dead mice from the garden that the cat has abandoned and buries them, in her bed, or anywhere else that is soft and warm including the frickin laundry basket.

pklme Sat 29-Oct-16 18:13:23

It'll dry, it's fine. Carpets, bedcovers etc which have been touched are dry so any bacteria will not be able to breed on them. They will get washed/ sucked off by the vacuum at some point. No worries. Damp warm things like flannels and kitchen cloths will have far more nasties on them....

GrumpyOldBag Sat 29-Oct-16 18:31:46

You are supposed to give raw bones to dogs.

Cooked bones can splinter and choke them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now