(15 Posts)
yesterdaysunshine Fri 28-Oct-16 21:33:16

I have got cheap throws from asda but DH keeps moaning about them hmm

I am right. Aren't I? grin

SamhainSoubriquet Fri 28-Oct-16 21:34:13

You have cats....

They will throw the covers off and lay on the sofa anyway

yesterdaysunshine Fri 28-Oct-16 21:37:27

They are fleecy so they lie on top. Just means nice new sofas haven't got cat fur on them smile

SamhainSoubriquet Fri 28-Oct-16 21:41:44

Haven't got cat hair on then yet

Corrected that for you OP grin

QforCucumber Fri 28-Oct-16 21:43:30

The cats own the sofas. You brought them into the house as a gift to them. They cannot be banished.

solittletime Fri 28-Oct-16 21:44:01

You'll be banned to the less comfortable draughty armchair before you know it

GardenGeek Fri 28-Oct-16 21:45:51

hahah.
Oh honestly just embrace it.

You love them. Imagine what it would be like if they weren't here to put hairs everywhere. Then you do anything to have their little hairs back on the sofa.

<as someone who's cat has a broken jump from a suspected car accident. It has made me thankful for his smelly litter poos, ankle biting and sitting on my collar bone, waking me up in the night because he ran out of biscuits>

yesterdaysunshine Fri 28-Oct-16 21:46:22

Quite, Q

Quite!

grin

yesterdaysunshine Fri 28-Oct-16 21:46:40

Aww geek x

BarbaraofSeville Fri 28-Oct-16 21:51:17

We've always had leather sofas because the cat hairs don't stick but oddly they haven't scratched this one. They do go underneath it, so they're probably merrily scratching at the underneath and one day one of us will sit down and it will all give way.

Our last new sofa was delivered while I was working away and DP spent the entire week trying to keep the cats away from the sofa so I might see it in new condition. He managed it until the last day and then got complacent and took his eye off the ball and the sharp clawed little sods had a right good scratch at it.

Unless you want to wear your self out removing the cats from the sofas and shutting them out of the room when you are not there, you have no chance of keeping them off the sofa if they want to use it.

isseywithcats Fri 28-Oct-16 22:00:18

turns round from computer looks at my four cats draped all over our new sofas ha you have no chance

leanback Fri 28-Oct-16 22:37:30

I once worked with someone who bought brand new sofas and covered them in the ugliest throws ever so the cats would ruin them.
Couldn't help thinking what was the point in new sofas if you can't even see them.

Cary2012 Fri 28-Oct-16 22:48:36

I hope the cats approve of their new sofas. Don't worry about the throws, they will bunch those up, puke on them, pee on them if so inclined, before shredding them with their little pawsies.

GardenGeek Fri 28-Oct-16 22:51:10

OP
send that soppy bugger home! grin

GardenGeek Fri 28-Oct-16 22:51:43

<going home> haha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now