Talk

Advanced search

Or is DH

(18 Posts)
Okkitokkiunga Fri 28-Oct-16 21:13:18

This is an AIBU and a WWYD.

We live East Midlands. Family coming to us for Christmas from south of France. BiL, wife and 2 DC driving, MiL flying. We have 4 bedrooms. I want DD and DS in our room, DN's in DS room, MiL in DDs room BiL and DW in spare room.

Bearing in mind our room has the space for DC's. DH wants MiL to share a room with DD (9.5) DS in his room with one DN and other DN in with his Parents - plus their baggage.

I think he IBVU. He thinks I am being over accommodating. How would you arrange it?

yesterdaysunshine Fri 28-Oct-16 21:15:58

I think I agree with you but I'm confused with the symbols! grin

formerbabe Fri 28-Oct-16 21:17:47

Your idea is best I think. How old are the kids and what's the mix of boys/girls? If they are quite young, I might put all kids in one room but obviously if you have teens or pre teens of mixed genders it might not be suitable.

MrsHathaway Fri 28-Oct-16 21:18:03

I'd have DD with you and DS with his cousins (or vice versa depending on ages and sexes); then MIL on her own and SIL&BIL together.

Okkitokkiunga Fri 28-Oct-16 21:19:51

I have DD9 and DS7. DNs are 8 and 5 and unless they've changed wake up at stupid o'clock and are very loud!

Okkitokkiunga Fri 28-Oct-16 21:20:53

DNs are boys.

MrsHathaway Fri 28-Oct-16 21:21:52

Then yes all the boys together.

Penfold007 Fri 28-Oct-16 21:23:32

So DH has invited five members of his family to stay in your family home already occupied by four people? Your plan sounds fine.

Eevee77 Fri 28-Oct-16 21:27:09

While all boys together sounds like great fun for them, wouldn't DD feel left out? Your DH way seems complicated and your way is probably best.

FadedRed Fri 28-Oct-16 21:27:43

You and DH in your room.
Your DC's in together.
Mil and 8yo DN in together.
5yo DN with his parents.

SquinkiesRule Fri 28-Oct-16 21:28:03

If there are two beds in the room MIL in I'd stick Dd 9 in with her. Then DN's in one room You Dh and DS in your room and BIL and his DW in spare room.
My youngest DD has shared in twin beds with her Grandmother and they both loved it My boys used to get the floor of my room or theirs depending who was stopping over.

formerbabe Fri 28-Oct-16 21:32:20

I'd do all boys in one room
Bil and his wife in one room
Mil in one room
You and your dh in one room
Then your dd in with you or your mil.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Fri 28-Oct-16 21:33:38

i'd probably assign rooms to the grown ups and let the chiddlers free range in together

that way any noise or malarkey and you can weed out the trouble makers, or if anyone wants a bit of peace and quiet they can go sleep with granny!

Okkitokkiunga Fri 28-Oct-16 21:34:21

Penfold I invited them as I refused to go to France for Christmas. I said either they come or we don't see them. DH supported that.

MiL lives on her own so I thought having a room to herself would give her the opportunity to quiet time if she needed it.

QueenofLouisiana Fri 28-Oct-16 21:39:30

I'd have BIL and SIL in 1 room, MIL in a room, DNs in a room, your DC and DH in a room, you in a hotel!grin

If not, if you can avoid having DC in your room I would. Then you have somewhere to retreat.

Okkitokkiunga Fri 28-Oct-16 21:59:26

Queen I'm really liking the idea of a hotel. grin

Penfold007 Fri 28-Oct-16 22:13:31

OP I think your plan sounds fine.

NapQueen Fri 28-Oct-16 22:15:48

I'd do it your way. Give your kids the option of bunking in with nephews on alternate nights if they want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now