To ask about virtual reality headsets?

(3 Posts)
Toomuchbooty Fri 28-Oct-16 16:44:49

My friend is currently quite poorly in hospital, is of sound mind but is paralysed and having to go through intensive Physio to be able to walk again etc

I was thinking about buying him a vr head set for his phone but I'm a bit clueless and was wondering if people could tell what he could actually do with one if he had it? Is it for specific movies or games or apps?! Also are the cheaper ones around £20-30 as good as the more expensive, or at least usable and ok? hmm

I think it's a Samsung he has or possibly Sony, I know it's definitely not an iPhone!

Thanks for you help

Tink06 Fri 28-Oct-16 17:20:08

Home Bargains have some in for £5.99. Don't know what they are
Iike as I bought dd one a few weeks ago for £15.... Worth a try at that price.

thiswashelpful Fri 28-Oct-16 18:34:24

I've tried the one for the Samsung S7, I think it is called the Gear VR. It only works with the S6 or S7 phone though. It is very interesting (tried it at a demo station in heathrow airport). It was 60 pounds I think? Or free with phone purchase.

I believe the other lower cost makes for other phones are nowhere near as good. Fun toys, rather that true VR?

If your friend has S6 or S7 phone, then I'd think they'd enjoy it. Some amazing photos and video!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now