Talk

Advanced search

To tell ExDH to come pick the kids up now.

(38 Posts)
MancKitten Fri 28-Oct-16 08:21:26

He has them weekends. Picks them up from school.

So usually Fridays I have the full day.

I have a manic weekend and week ahead. I literally have a list the size on my forearm and its been the school holidays this week. Also I have been sick. Really sick.

ExDH said he will pick kids up at 5pm. Like he would if they were in school.

But they aren't.

They are bored and fed up because it's been a horrendous week and I basically have to catch up a weeks worth of work in a day. Today.

AIBU to tell DH he really should come get them now because I've done this all week through illness and I've had enough now?

He isn't in work.

Doublejeopardy Fri 28-Oct-16 08:22:52

Yes

Mrsemcgregor Fri 28-Oct-16 08:24:03

Depends if he is working today?

RhiWrites Fri 28-Oct-16 08:24:27

You could ask him. Say they're bored and ask if he'd like to have them earlier. But you can't tell him he has to.

ClopySow Fri 28-Oct-16 08:24:27

Not unreasonable at all. But do you think he will?

2410ang Fri 28-Oct-16 08:24:40

Yes to tell him to pick them up. He may be working??

But why not just ask him if he can?!

Mrsemcgregor Fri 28-Oct-16 08:24:52

Oh sorry, I just saw your last line! Just ask him, I would.

CorkieD Fri 28-Oct-16 08:25:55

You are certainly not unreasonable to ask to pick them up explaining your reasons why.

But you would BU to tell him to do so.

2410ang Fri 28-Oct-16 08:26:10

Oops sorry can see not working...! But he may have other plans. There is no harm in asking

monkeywithacowface Fri 28-Oct-16 08:26:20

Not unreasonable to ask if he could and explain why but if you try to demand it then he might dig his heels in and say no. Sounds like you need a break i hope he takes them off your hands early

MancKitten Fri 28-Oct-16 08:28:03

He isn't working. He doesn't work due to disability (totally fine to look after kids though)

I'm just exhausted. Had a week of migranes and a 48 hr D&V and my MH has been playing up. Kids running riot because I haven't been able to control them.

They'll all be back tomorrow too because I agreed to do a Halloween party. So I don't even get my weekend alone.

MancKitten Fri 28-Oct-16 08:29:36

Maybe 'tell' was a little strong.
'Heavily suggest' ? grin

PumpkinPie2016 Fri 28-Oct-16 08:32:22

Ring him, explain you are I'll and have been sick and ask him if he can come and get them early.

Are things usually amicable? If so, then hopefully he will.

If not, can anyone else help you for a few hours?

Hope you are better soon x

itsmine Fri 28-Oct-16 08:35:19

Well if they're back Sat anyway I'd have arranged them to go earlier, thur night instead.
I wouldn't go overboard with illnesses and how busy you are, just ring him and suggest very reasonably he picks them up 11ish or something as they are back Sat.

StealthPolarBear Fri 28-Oct-16 08:39:36

To those who are saying she can't demand I can see the logic of that practically but why should it be the ops responsiblity to look after them more than his?

Only1scoop Fri 28-Oct-16 08:44:27

Yes ask him right now

MsJamieFraser Fri 28-Oct-16 08:47:20

You can't tell him anything, however you ask ask him!

StealthPolarBear Fri 28-Oct-16 08:50:12

But ms one of them by default has to look after he dc. Why is it her?

itlypocerka Fri 28-Oct-16 09:05:05

"ExH please come and rescue me from these kids by taking them early" = nope. Your problem.

"Hi ExH - the kids are a bit bored of me by now and my bet is they are on track for starting the weekend grumpy and objectionable because of it - you might well have a generally happy weekend if you can start the fun a bit early, if that works for you" sounds a lot more appealing

TheNaze73 Fri 28-Oct-16 09:07:51

I wouldn't tell or suggest. I'd ask

c3pu Fri 28-Oct-16 09:09:55

By all means ask, but this is the kind of thing that usually gets a better response if it's arranged a few days in advance. He may well be doing other things.

StealthPolarBear Fri 28-Oct-16 09:13:10

But he "told" her he was picking them up at 5pm. Why does he get to assume she'll have them in the day.

StealthPolarBear Fri 28-Oct-16 09:13:42

C3 you could have said exactly the same to him

Sugarpiehoneyeye Fri 28-Oct-16 10:00:38

What Pumpkin said.

wannabestressfree Fri 28-Oct-16 10:21:09

Compromise.... just ask for an early afternoon pick up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now