Talk

Advanced search

To want it to be 13 years ago and be off on my way to a rock/indie night instead of stuck on a train with dd

(56 Posts)
StrongTeaHotShower Thu 27-Oct-16 18:49:38

Can I please be a teenager with no problems or responsibility off on her way to a proper head banging, mosh pitting night of rock, indie, punk and metal?

Dd's asleep and I'm on a train traveling past my old haunts on the way back from my mums. Ahh nostalgia....

SaucyJack Thu 27-Oct-16 19:15:23

Nah, 13 year olds are still babies.

Aim for 16 I reckon. Good times.

LetitiaCropleysCookbook Thu 27-Oct-16 19:17:46

I don't think op wants to be 13! she wants it to be 13 years ago, when she was a teen.

LetitiaCropleysCookbook Thu 27-Oct-16 19:18:57

Meant to add - Yep, those were the days!

JenniferYellowHat1980 Thu 27-Oct-16 19:19:40

I think that's a bit sad for your DD TBH, but it may just be the way you've worded the title - it sounds regretful.

Sparklingbrook Thu 27-Oct-16 19:21:51

I have a 17 year old DS. I wish I was 17 again. Instead of sitting here waiting for him to get back from his driving lesson so I can taxi him to his mates, this time on a Thursday I would have been getting ready to hit the town for a night of clubbing.

Sigh.

WalrusGumboot Thu 27-Oct-16 19:22:49

Yanbu but only for a fleeting moment. You would miss your dd! (I hope!) Enjoy the here and now for what it is. You'll miss these days too, one day.

kali110 Thu 27-Oct-16 19:23:49

I want to be 18 again grin

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Thu 27-Oct-16 19:26:44

I get you OP. I love my son more than anything but definitely pangs of nostalgia for the old days when I had no responsibility and felt like I had the whole world at my feet.

Former mosher here too, the closest I get to rocking out these days is listening to YouTube after my sons gone to bed (with a nice cup of tea and slice of Madeira cake)! grin

AristotlesTrousers Thu 27-Oct-16 19:29:54

YANBU OP. I'd love to go back to 1995. First term at uni, and the best time in my life!

PervyMuskrat Thu 27-Oct-16 19:33:14

Hell yes! When you get home and DD is in bed, put on something loud and inappropriate and dance round your living room like a loon! Cowboys from Hell, Bodies, Refuse/Resist, Du Hast and Closer should do it grin

WordGetsAround Thu 27-Oct-16 19:33:35

I was thinking just this the other day! Twenty years ago I had two vest tops on - one over the other(!), with combats - and was off to see the Wannadies at the Wedgewood Rooms in Southsea. Those were the days. Now pregnant with number 3.

StrongTeaHotShower Thu 27-Oct-16 19:34:10

I would have been 19. Listening to a metal playlist on Spotify racing past that town. Gahhh!!!!
When did life get so real.

StrongTeaHotShower Thu 27-Oct-16 19:35:51

I'd have been wearing ripped flares, tiny vest top or skin tight band top, skater trainers and a lot of eye liner.

FurryGiraffe Thu 27-Oct-16 19:39:54

Totally with you OP. Last week I had to pass on a ticket to see Divine Comedy because I was stuck at home with a full of cold fractious five month old and I was so exhausted I couldn't face staying up later than 9pm. I want to be able to go to gigs. And then I want to be able to sleep late the next day.

LittleWingSoul Thu 27-Oct-16 19:42:10

No reason why you can't still have a night like that though?

Better still... Try And get childcare for a few days so you can do it for 3 nights in a row at a festival!

I haven't had a good mosh for a while... I want one now too!

EdmundCleverClogs Thu 27-Oct-16 19:43:08

Yabu. Teenage years were awful, give me back my early 20s any day! The days were I could be out until 4am, and still rock up to uni for 9am. Wouldn't actually swap my darling baby for the world, but a bit of nostalgia never hurts smile.

LittleWingSoul Thu 27-Oct-16 19:43:14

And 13 years ago I would have been wearing the exact same thing OP wink

coffeetasteslikeshit Thu 27-Oct-16 19:48:14

I'd have to go back 25 years (sob) but I know what you mean OP.

Careful what you wish for as well. I found myself back in the mosh pit a few years back and let's just say that I shouldn't have had so many pints first and thank god for dark denim grin blush

likeaZombie Thu 27-Oct-16 19:48:57

Do it, arrange a night out for yourself. You're never too old to have fun and live life. I went to my first ever gig a couple of months back, I'm 32. It was a bloody good night and we all need those once in a while.

StrongTeaHotShower Thu 27-Oct-16 19:53:46

Sounds good! I'd love to do festivals again. Sadly I would feel so confident in a midriff skiming vest top anymore blush

kali110 Thu 27-Oct-16 19:55:02

Ahh mosh pit daysgrin

Molehillfromamountain Thu 27-Oct-16 19:56:47

When the kids are asleep in the car I put my old CDs on (explicit lyrics obv) and dream of my pierced fishnet days! I'm with you OP!

228agreenend Thu 27-Oct-16 19:57:05

About 10 years ago, went to a concert without husband and dcs. Sister was stewarding so I had some company there, although I sat by myself. I had a great night, even dancing in the aisles at the end. The singer was an easy-listening musical star, so no rock and roller, but I felt young, free (and single blush) for the night.

ANewStartOverseas Thu 27-Oct-16 19:57:30

Any reason why you can't go to a festival now?
Maybe not with th same clothes but t then wHat?

If your love festivals, go for them! Enjoy, live and don't live to regret what you haven't done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now