Talk

Advanced search

Justin F***ing Fletcher

(119 Posts)
Fourfifthsof Wed 26-Oct-16 17:10:02

AIBU to switch the TV off every time his smug f***ing face appears, even though DC seems to love him?

Justin's house, Mr Tumble, Gigglewhatevers and just when you think it is safe, he appears singing happy birthday. Enough already, Fletcher! Take your spotty bag and Foxtrot Oscar!

LikeaSnowflake Wed 26-Oct-16 17:14:19

YANBU that is all.

NoIsAnAnswer Wed 26-Oct-16 17:14:31

thlshock how dare you criticise Sir Justin the Child Whisperer!!

thlwink

KermitRuffinsTrumpet Wed 26-Oct-16 17:28:42

Children with disabilities were the last section of the home audience which were not being represented on telly. He fixed that and for that I love him.

Children with disabilities are like everyone else and watch telly like everyone else and need to see themselves in the telly LIKE EVERY ONE ELSE DOES.

Thank you Justin.

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Wed 26-Oct-16 17:28:46

YANBU in the slightest.

If only he was a whisperer instead of a smug, squeaky gurner. He might be bearable if he whispered. He should only be allowed on TV on halloween. I've seen less creepy headless zombies.

KermitRuffinsTrumpet Wed 26-Oct-16 17:29:56

Plus I really fancy Lord Tumble...

"...oh Charles?"

MyHairNeedsASnip Wed 26-Oct-16 17:30:39

Agree with kermit , Something Special is great.

ALemonyPea Wed 26-Oct-16 17:31:23

The word is fucking. If you don't like seeing it, then don't type it.

My DC loved Justin when they were toddlers. I have a special place in my heart for him as DS2 used makaton when he was non verbal and loved Something Special.

ItShouldHaveBeenJess Wed 26-Oct-16 17:31:32

I think it's unfair that Justin has several programmes, while Mr Bloom has only the one (completely unbiased opinion)

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 26-Oct-16 17:32:17

Yanbu

It's all a bit "write the theme tune, sing the theme tune"

He's up there on my hate list along side Justin Bieber and Tom Jones

Purplefrogshoes Wed 26-Oct-16 17:38:31

Yabu I love Justin. Ds loves him so I can plonk him in front of Something Special and cook dinner or help DD with homework

Fourfifthsof Wed 26-Oct-16 17:49:13

Kermit I agree with your point about children with disabilities being represented on TV and I think if Something Special (or whatever it is called) was the only show he was on, rather than the entire Cbeebies schedule, I would probably feel differently about him.

Alemony doesn't bother me in the slightest, I swear like a sailor and I only asterisked it out of consideration for more sensitive viewers.

Pelvic Laughing my head off.

Fourfifthsof Wed 26-Oct-16 17:50:42

Kermit although I do think YABVU to fancy Lord Tumble. wink

EdmundCleverClogs Wed 26-Oct-16 17:53:14

I think he does a fantastic job of reaching an often forgotten group of children, in terms of young programming. (I'm biased though, I used him as an example in my dissertation, so I always think part of my pass mark was down to him grin).

ItShouldHaveBeenJess Wed 26-Oct-16 17:53:41

I'd like to see Fucking Tumble.

On second thoughts, nope.....

ShowOfHands Wed 26-Oct-16 17:53:56

DD was around 4 or 5 when she intoned "you sign... wazzock" at Mr Tumble whilst facepalming. We can't bear him either. However, a now 9yo dd went to see The Railway Children on Monday and said he was surprisingly good.

KermitRuffinsTrumpet Wed 26-Oct-16 17:57:14

Lord Tumble is clearly posh and dirty grin

TeriyakiStirfry Wed 26-Oct-16 17:58:22

He didn't actually come up with the concept for Something Special, though. He's just the fatty with a beard who fits the suit (to quote GrandSanta).

I can't stand him. I went right off the Tweenies when I realised he voiced Jake.

Frouby Wed 26-Oct-16 18:00:15

He has huge moobs. Have you seen him in a football shirt?

BishopBrennansArse Wed 26-Oct-16 18:02:54

Regardless of the tv for disabled kids thing (we have 3) he became Justin Fucking Fletcher in our house when we realised he was everywhere - something special, Tweenies, gigglebiz and then the fucking voice of vtech toys..... aaaaaargh.

And fucking Justin's House wasn't on then back in our day...

KermitRuffinsTrumpet Wed 26-Oct-16 18:09:20

He did come up with the concept actually. In drama school. The whole thing is his baby.

Dobbyandme Wed 26-Oct-16 18:11:44

I have an unbelievable hatred for Peppa, but we love Justin here. DD adores him. DD has no SEN or disabilities and there are no toddlers at our groups with either, so I think Something Special normalises them for her and to me that's important.

She's only 14 months but she signs for "friends" at everyone she knows well, and she smiles and becomes transfixed everytime she sees him or hears his voice.

Fourfifthsof Wed 26-Oct-16 18:12:46

Kermit Don't you think it would be weird if you were shagging him though? He might have yellow spotty pants... And what if he wanted to wear the red nose? grin

I should be upfront about the fact that I quite fancy Chris from Show Me Show Me so I have a bit of a Cbeebies crush myself... I blame the sleep deprivation. blush

ItShouldHaveBeenJess Wed 26-Oct-16 18:13:27

bishop Justin's House is my own personal purgatory.

ijustwannadance Wed 26-Oct-16 18:17:22

I think he is the latest voice of thomas the tank engine too and a cartoon about a white van.

Not as odd as daddy pig now doing the sunlife old people insurance adverts though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now