Talk

Advanced search

To invite 40 children to my 4 year olds birthday party?!

(20 Posts)
yellowsquarepostit Wed 26-Oct-16 15:40:57

There's a small gut instinct saying DON'T DO IT.

But I'm not sure how to pick from the nursery list?! I'm hoping half will say no....

My son is a bit rubbish at remembering names other than core set he's known well for 2 years!

And there's 12 coming from other places already.

It's a big school hall with 3 bouncy castles. I wasn't going to bother with games....!

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 26-Oct-16 15:45:50

So 52 kids?

It's going to be carnage sorry grin

PetalMettle Wed 26-Oct-16 15:46:53

Jesus. You will need a LOT of adults. I'd be tempted to skip the nursery lot and just go with the other 12...

ShowMeTheElf Wed 26-Oct-16 15:48:34

You'll need at least 8 adults. (doors, loos, food, first aid, sorting arguments)
Do all food in advance and portion into boxes or bags.
Are they just going to run and bounce? Something else required ?simple craft or disco?
Doable but hard work.

Minniemagoo Wed 26-Oct-16 15:48:53

If theres 40 in nursery they wont all be in the same group. It is likely he interacts with less than half. Have a word with his key worker asking her to identify who his friends are.

FranksBobot Wed 26-Oct-16 15:49:25

My eldest dd has never coped well with large parties even when she is a guest, 52 children is extremely overwhelming. I would reduce numbers

yellowsquarepostit Wed 26-Oct-16 15:51:25

Not 52; 40 in total. I can't even get the numbers straight in my head....!

What about 30?!

yellowsquarepostit Wed 26-Oct-16 15:52:47

All parents will be coming as they just seem to at the moment.

Invites yet to go out thank god.

I could send out a few and see what comes back; then add extra if it's not many?!

yellowsquarepostit Wed 26-Oct-16 15:54:22

My son is quite a sociable child and loves big parties.

But I am a special needs teacher so sort of have a mild inkling how this could go either way.... or not? I think I loose perspective sometimes?!

SmallBee Wed 26-Oct-16 15:54:54

Dear God no. Only if you've booked in some recovery time for yourself afterwards.
Can you ask his key worker to pick out his actual friends and just invite those?

NotMyMoney Wed 26-Oct-16 15:56:53

We've always done large parties so go for it 40 in a large hall with three bouncy castles easy the only down side is party bags thlgrin

Maquiladora Wed 26-Oct-16 15:57:08

40 or 30 - what's the point of inviting so many? Will he get the chance to play with them all?

Losgunna Wed 26-Oct-16 15:58:47

Rather you than me is all I can see. As the song goes I predict a riot!
SmallBees suggestion is a very good idea. 52 is madness.
I had 12 at ds's 3rd birthday and vowed never again

TheWildRumpyPumpus Wed 26-Oct-16 16:00:23

Just ask his keyworker for a list of his 8/10 closest friends, giving you a total of 20ish - more than enough for a 4 year old!

yellowsquarepostit Wed 26-Oct-16 16:00:38

I stupidly ran this past my husband in early planning stages....

daisiesinherfootsteps Wed 26-Oct-16 16:01:04

You are brave. Or crazy! I wouldn't invite them all. Sit down with a list and ask DS. Try for around half? One tip, make sure you have lots of chairs round the edge for parents. We went to a similar size/age party recently and it felt so crowded as all the parents stayed and had to stand amongst the kids which made it feel much more crowded.

Hoppinggreen Wed 26-Oct-16 16:01:54

4 year olds plus bouncy castle sounds very risky!!

megletthesecond Wed 26-Oct-16 16:07:43

Once you include parents and extra siblings you could have nearly 100 people shock. It will be bananas.

I'd ask his key worker for 10 kids who he plays with tbh.

yellowsquarepostit Wed 26-Oct-16 16:08:29

Trimmed down to the 6 who have invited him to parties and I know he plays with. So it's 15 confirmed (I just checked) plus 6 .

21 seems more manageable grin

Around 5 children are over 6 too.

And most of the 15 are close family friends so parents to help.

apologies for drip feeding!!

I'd hit on a cost effective party bag idea so that was fine.

yellowsquarepostit Wed 26-Oct-16 16:09:01

megle yes.

Reality CHECK!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now