to have a lazy day in my pjs?

(22 Posts)
Morporkia Wed 26-Oct-16 13:06:15

I've just been told off by my mum. She phoned at 8am, 10am and again at midday. I had a lie in this morning until 10.15, mostly due to not sleeping last night because i've got a bloody sore shoulder. after sniffing (yes, actually sniffing) when she asked what time i got up, she then asked what i was doing today. i replied that as i have the house to myself i intend to stay in my pj's, playing ps4 and might do a bit of baking this afternoon. her response was.... "that's so lazy, what will your DH think? (he'd prefer me naked) why aren't you taking DD out for the day (DD is 18 and stayed out last night, so probably hanging) games are for children (SO?!) i thought you were trying to lose weight? (Oh just fuck off)" replies in brackets are what i said in my head, not to her btw.. oh, and i'm almost 44... anyway, i cut the conversation off by telling her the postman was at the door...big mistake...she then starts on about answering the door half dressed...flannellette pj bottoms and a hoodie are my pj's fyi, not some seethrough negligligee...i said byeeeee...but am quite pissed off with her comments..so AIBU or is she?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 26-Oct-16 13:10:33

I'm not in pajamas but I'm in loungewear and taking it very easy today as I have a rotten cold and feel dreadful.

Bluesrunthegame Wed 26-Oct-16 13:11:05

YANBU, stay in the pjs, enjoy your baking and the games sound fun. It is possible that an 18 year old DD would enjoy time with friends rather than a day out with her mum, (no disrespect, this was what I noticed when DD was 18) so enjoy your pj day.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 26-Oct-16 13:11:18

You don't need your mum's permission to stay in your pajamas!

FlapsTie Wed 26-Oct-16 13:11:41

I'm in pjs. DD is out, DS1 is still asleep, DS2 is watching YouTube.

Relax!

Morporkia Wed 26-Oct-16 13:13:05

ooooh what's loungewear? is it similar to my DH's leesure wear (trackie bottoms and a hoodie) feel your pain with the cold..mine turned into sinusitis a coouple of weeks ago and i'm still snuffling like a snuffly thing cake for you, that i haven't baked yet...cos i'm lazy

PoppyBirdOnAWire Wed 26-Oct-16 13:13:43

Isn't it a tad slobbish, though?

Morporkia Wed 26-Oct-16 13:16:55

blues DD would rather pull her own nails out than spend a day out with me atm,
and to top it off, my stupid game has to do an update...estimated time to download - 99 hours.
also she has just rung back. i ignored it. the pjs thing im not bothered about really, but i am getting pissed off with her jibes about my weight...not for the first time in my life..i do watch what i eat, but could do with losing maybe half a stone...

IShallCallYouSquishy Wed 26-Oct-16 13:19:19

Me, and the DC (4.5 and 2.8) are in pjs. DC1 started school in September and today, on day 3 of half term, is the first day we've not had to be up dressed and do something.

We've washed faces/done teeth etc but are we dressed? Nope. They need a lazy day. I need a lazy day. They've played, I've played with them, we've read stories and now they are snuggled up on the sofa watching a Disney film, and I'm having tea and Mumsnet. It's fab.

Would we do it every day? No. but once in a while, it's fab.

Next time don't answer your phone OP wink

Morporkia Wed 26-Oct-16 13:19:49

poppy I have washed and brushed my teeth and hair. just want to be comfy if i'm spending the day alone and in front of the telly...

ElornaElephant Wed 26-Oct-16 13:23:55

Have a lovely day OP, gotta love a lazy pj day grin

Your mum is silly - why would you get up at the crack of dawn and get ready for the day if you didn't have anything to do?

NoCapes Wed 26-Oct-16 13:30:18

Where would she suggest you take your adult DD? Soft play?
She sounds barmy, enjoy your pj day grin

JaxyBear Wed 26-Oct-16 13:37:24

Oh how I wish I could be having a Netflix and pj day! I would send your DD to the shop for a bar of galaxy for you and enjoy the rest of your day! So jealous right now!

myownprivateidaho Wed 26-Oct-16 14:02:40

I do feel a bit judge-y about people staying in and not getting dressed, unless they're ill in bed. I know it's irrational and IABU, but it just seems hugely slobby to me. So I kind of get your mum's reaction.

Morporkia Wed 26-Oct-16 14:08:39

well, in that case i'm hugely slobby, cos i'm now not getting dressed on principle. and i am going to eat cake, once i've baked it....
Jaxy DD has phoned and told me she is staying at her gf's, eating pizza, so she won't be able to go galaxy shopping for me...(waily, waily, waily)

NoCapes Wed 26-Oct-16 14:11:22

Eurgh tell them to get pizza and galaxy and bring it to you to share
How very rude of them envy

Morporkia Wed 26-Oct-16 14:39:14

NoCapes they get 'orrible toppings... BBQ sauce, bacon and chicken...eeeurgh...

maddiemookins16mum Wed 26-Oct-16 15:20:20

I was away on a course Mon and Tuesday, am knackered (got home at 11.45 pm last night). Got up at 6.45 this morning, showered, dressed, did housework and shopping. I am now back in a clean pair of jim jam bottoms, fluffy cat socks and am reclining on the sofa until 6pm (might have a snooze once the washing is in).

I love a lazy pj day (or afternoon). Do need to make something for the GBBO final though, thinking those 3 ingredient brownies that I saw on here recently will do the trick.

ThePinkOcelot Wed 26-Oct-16 15:29:32

I like days where I stay in the house all day, but always get ready. Couldn't stay in pjs all day. Don't really know why, I just can't.

Happymumof3tob Wed 26-Oct-16 20:28:55

Yanbu. I want a pj day! But i work from home and have 2 small children at home, not just for half term either, they are both under 4 confused

anyoldname76 Wed 26-Oct-16 20:32:24

hope you enjoyed your pj day grin

sofatrainer Wed 26-Oct-16 21:15:54

I love a chill out day but def not in pyjamas. I might put on tracksuit bottoms and. Sweatshirt but staying in pyjamas makes me feel slovenly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now