to have a whinge?

(11 Posts)
lostoldlogin2 Tue 25-Oct-16 23:21:32

I am almost 7 months pregnant with a 5 year old son. I also have hypermobility so unfortunately now and again I get bouts of terrible pain in random joints that last for a few days.

I am struggling to sleep - my hips hurt, I get nightmares which cause me to grind my teeth in my sleep meaning sometimes I can barely open my mouth in the morning. Today I have a lot of pain in my right knee and my left foot also a tickly throat and a blocked up nose.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I slept for longer than a 90 minutes stretch - constantly need to go to the loo in the night ( I am quite small and the baby puts pressure on my bladder)

I'm still working (english teacher in primary schools) and do the majority of the housework as my boyfriend is a chef and works incredibly long hours .

I do NOT want to stop working as I love my job and also it prevents me from over thinking the pregnancy.

I am just. so. exhausted. and in quite a lot of pain today but I cannot sleep.

arrrrghhh!

lostoldlogin2 Tue 25-Oct-16 23:22:52

oh. I also live up 10 flights of steep stairs (3rd floor apartment - no lift)

ImissGrannyW Tue 25-Oct-16 23:27:07

No advice, but my sympathy. flowers

lostoldlogin2 Tue 25-Oct-16 23:28:11

thank you!

AuraofDora Tue 25-Oct-16 23:31:35

Permission to whinge is granted!

You made me laugh when I read 'almost 7 months pregnant with 5 year old son'

Hope you get some rest soon, no sleep is torture.

lostoldlogin2 Tue 25-Oct-16 23:35:42

hahaha of course I mean I have a 5 year old son and I am 7 months pregnant with my second! grin

WorraLiberty Tue 25-Oct-16 23:39:46

That made me laugh too!

I thought blimey, I'd be whinging too with a 5 year old kicking the fuck out of my insides. No wonder you need to work to take your mind off the pregnancy grin

Sympathy though thanks

Oh and fuck it, have some cake since you're going to be wide of waist anyway

DrunkOnEther Tue 25-Oct-16 23:46:40

Oh, I feel for you! Whinge away - pregnancy can be bloody hard, especially if you have pre-existing problems and other DC as well!

Incidentally, I have spinal and pelvic problems anyway, and my hips were agony when I was pregnant, and meant I couldn't sleep for more than 20 mins at a time. What really helped was getting a spare thick double duvet, folding it in half lengthways, and putting it on top of the mattress. Worked surprisingly well and meant I could get a couple of hours' sleep before the pain woke me.

lostoldlogin2 Wed 26-Oct-16 00:08:16

I also kind of know I am bringing some of it on myself - I still go to the gym and box (obviously just hitting bag and pads not sparring or holding pads for others.

I an hardly do anything at the moment and it does tire me out but going to the gym gives me a huge comfort emotionally (boxing gyms can be very close knit caring places believe is or not!) and I just feel better there!

liz70 Wed 26-Oct-16 00:38:45

I don't know if it would help you, but when I had PGP with DD3 I found having a pillow between my knees, whilst lying on my side when in bed, eased the discomfort. Grumble away all you like; you sound as if you're having an awful time. flowers

lostoldlogin2 Wed 26-Oct-16 01:32:46

I try the pillow thing but it doesn't make a lot of difference and also my son or boyfriend steal it "accidentally" hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now